The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

After a few years...another trip to the tire wall....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Looks like I am all set up with Khor. They had all I needed at a decent price. Phoenix was very helpful but they only had a bumper left.

Sent from my SM-G900M using Tapatalk

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
It's definitely a driver's side door, look at the photos. Not sure why the description is incorrect. However, "Left" in the description IS correct.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Yes, your very right, its a drivers door. In ebay it says the convertible door is not compatible with coupe, I guess the window frame is different?? Will look a the part numbers

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I think the only differences are that convertibles will have the wiring for the quarter windows and such. I'd check that the glass and window operator are the same. I suspect they should be and everything saved from yours should bolt up the same.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
I contacted the Partsfarm, the door looks great but the shipping is quite expensive Approx $170 to $200. From Kohr the door looks to be in great shape as well, but its Wine colored, shipping is the big deal though, But I can send the whole lot from Kohr, Bumper, valence, fender, door and splitter, for $235 shipping. Shipping from Miami would be easier with one bill as well. Hmm still going to think it over a bit.......

The fender is black so I will have to do some painting any how, lucky the bumper is red. Thanks a million for the help, very much appreciated!
Will start taking everything of asap to get the car ready. too bad the ship takes 20 days from Miami.

Maybe if I vinyl the car I can leave the Boss as a patchwork..... red, black and burgundy..... naaa cant do it..... looks too much like a injury.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
I'll save my old door just in case. Went with Kohr, since they responded really well to my emails and it keeps everything together in one order.

Here is the video...... my ego did not want to post it, but rather have your input so I do not do it again!

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
KohR is top notch. Glad to hear they had everything you need.
I am shocked that you didn't do more damage after watching that video.

I agree with Drew, could have been worse. Hope it doesn't take much to get you back on track.

Would you agree that you were off throttle and unloaded the rear entering that last turn?

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Stupid part is that I have driven that track many times and never had a problem before. Three months away from the track and I turned into to noob again. Grr

Sent from my SM-G900M using Tapatalk

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Spares are in customs so started taking things of the car. Most admit so far easier then I thought? Only took 15mins to take of Bumper and fender. Today will look a the door (left it for last otherwise the dam cats nest in the car, car is covered in foot prints). Spending time looking at youtube videos sure makes everything much easier!

21950075_10212272076175804_4982479554821251744_o.jpg

Looking underneath the car, was very lucky (again). Only the oil filter shows one side bent in which scared me for a sec. The A/C condenser is really full of dings though.

Grant 302

I'll save my old door just in case. Went with Kohr, since they responded really well to my emails and it keeps everything together in one order.

Here is the video...... my ego did not want to post it, but rather have your input so I do not do it again!

Looks like the rear stepped out.
Turn in looks complete within 0:06 markers
Steady state for all of 0:07
At the start of 0:08, you can see a blip in the G-meter/bubble. Looks like theres a patch in the paving or something that you roll over there. Rear probably let go there.

Without seeing your hands, I think it could have been recovered if you were quick to counter-steer. But might also help if you soften the rear damping or stiffen the front assuming the setup is a bit loose for your paving. The front looks like it stuck through the turn.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Yes, I think I was not concentrating enough and a little slow in the brain dept.. I find it hard to listen to a instructor in spanish and drive at the same time (not making excuses for my screw up, should have taken that into account). Not being 100% on track was not a great idea as you can see. Also overcooked the entrance, was on my PSS street tires and had no business going over 1.2G

21766763_10212272699831395_2032103862742757521_n.jpg

Grant 302

Yeah, not sure I'd push that hard on PSS.

I also didn't have the volume before. You can totally hear the thump-thump that could've upset the rear at 0:07.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Forensic video!! there is damage to the track from a heavy truck drivers ed a while back. A series of wobbles just before the curve :(

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel