The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

After Market tuners??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
I have used sct tuners with every mustang I have owned. Who the tuner is should be your real question. I recommend AED.

If you have an iPhone or iPad this one you might want to consider I think I might get it to replace my handheld unit
http://www.americanmuscle.com/itsx-tuner-1112gt.html

Seems like the Bama tune is part of the package, will it let you load the AED tune? I guess the question I have about tuners is can you load what ever you want, or is the basic tune burned in the firmware like a Bama tune?

Justin

racered302 said:
Seems like the Bama tune is part of the package, will it let you load the AED tune? I guess the question I have about tuners is can you load what ever you want, or is the basic tune burned in the firmware like a Bama tune?
you can load any tunes on it. Bama is the same price as one without their tunes. They have decent prices on combo deals with cai. I recommend steeda cai or airaid cai and a tuner. Load the Bama tune they give you....then get a tune from AED and then you will see what a difference his tunes make.

Sort of what I thought, a tuner can be used with any tuners data file. It's just a means of getting to you pcm. I thought it would only work with the tune from who ever bought the rights to use that tuner device. Bama, for example.

Justin

racered302 said:
Sort of what I thought, a tuner can be used with any tuners data file. It's just a means of getting to you pcm. I thought it would only work with the tune from who ever bought the rights to use that tuner device. Bama, for example.
nah my brother has a bama tuner runs brenspeed tunes on it. forceofwill has a bama tuner runs aed tunes on it. oh and i have a jlp tuner that i have ran jlp steeda and aed tunes with...

The question I have about the SCT iTSX Wireless Tuner w/ 3 Free Custom Tunes is it says it can hold up to 10 tunes at once.

Does this mean it can hold the factory Ford Tune and Trackey tune with the remaining 8 tunes? Can the Trackey tune be loaded and saved on this?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Justin

SUPRMN said:
The question I have about the SCT iTSX Wireless Tuner w/ 3 Free Custom Tunes is it says it can hold up to 10 tunes at once.

Does this mean it can hold the factory Ford Tune and Trackey tune with the remaining 8 tunes? Can the Trackey tune be loaded and saved on this?

Any guidance would be appreciated.
it holds 10 custom tunes. when you load a tune it stores the trackey and silver key tune on it. doesnt count as two of the ten custom tunes.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel