The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

After Market Tunes

Does your Boss have the stock tune or something else?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
I have Steeda 93 and Steeda 93 cam tune.

Had JLP old school idle tune (sucks stay away from it unless you just want it for show)

Also had the trackey.

The Steeda 93 Reg Idle tune with there boss CAI/with magnaflow comp cat back is just incredible!!!

I have concluded that CAM Idle tunes are just for show as the Steeda one is driveable but it makes the car feel like it lost 70hp and is sluggish.

Justin said:
blazin boss said:
Justin
Has the Steeda tune produced any Hp gaines that you know of or just seat of the pants gaines.
Phil
the reg idle 93 tune oh my yes big seat of the pants difference

Justin, I noticed your sig is 112 mph. My best mph is also 112 mph. I still use the silver key. I believe in the 1/4 mile more than the dyno. Is you 112 mph with the Steeda tune?

I just bought the Steeda intake with the SCT tuner buts its set for a 93 tune. Most gas stations in Italy only sell 95 RON which is equivalent to 90/91 octane. So I'm looking into the BAMA tune to lower the octane tune.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
seca954 said:
Justin said:
blazin boss said:
Justin
Has the Steeda tune produced any Hp gaines that you know of or just seat of the pants gaines.
Phil
the reg idle 93 tune oh my yes big seat of the pants difference

Justin, I noticed your sig is 112 mph. My best mph is also 112 mph. I still use the silver key. I believe in the 1/4 mile more than the dyno. Is you 112 mph with the Steeda tune?
that was my time with just the silver key and k&N drop in filter. Still havent been back to the track since then

Zoldier said:
I just bought the Steeda intake with the SCT tuner buts its set for a 93 tune. Most gas stations in Italy only sell 95 RON which is equivalent to 90/91 octane. So I'm looking into the BAMA tune to lower the octane tune.

How do the Italians like the Boss?

CaliMR said:
Zoldier said:

How do the Italians like the Boss?

It's like someone with a Pagani or Bugatti back home. They just stare. It's pretty funny. My wife says she feels like a movie star when she rides with me. I went to a track day and the crowd formed around the Boss. Not the Porsche GT3 that was parked next to me. :)

Just installed my Bama tune for the Steeda intake. Went with 89 octane to be safe but damn what a difference. Of course I didnt bother with the street tune yet and installed the performance tune. I read all of the butt dyno feedback and still didnt expect this much of a difference. Throttle response is crazy good and the exhaust is crazy loud when I let go of the throttle. Took it easy driving up to the base so they wouldnt think they were under attack or something. ;D

Zoldier said:
Just installed my Bama tune for the Steeda intake. Went with 89 octane to be safe but damn what a difference. Of course I didnt bother with the street tune yet and installed the performance tune. I read all of the butt dyno feedback and still didnt expect this much of a difference. Throttle response is crazy good and the exhaust is crazy loud when I let go of the throttle. Took it easy driving up to the base so they wouldnt think they were under attack or something. ;D

Classic

TMO Supporting Vendors