The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

AFTER MARKET WHEELS AND TIRES

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Not a big fan of the stock wheels and tires. Looking at running a straight set-up either 255/45/18 or 255/35/20. Both are real close to the diameter of what the stock tires are. Kind of leaning towards the 20's because of more options. This is a week-end driver with a road trip every now and then. I understand the Boss is designed for the staggered set-up but if you don't track it does it really matter. Any thoughts or advice?

IMG_1298.jpg

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Georgia
Hope nobody yells at me I’m still gonna track my car GT500 but I’m building a dedicated car for track days for my son Ford Ptobe. Any suggestions wheels and tires

TMO Supporting Vendors