The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

After new paint job, How long should you wait before putting stickers back on??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
I Got the car back this week from the paint shop and was wondering if one should wait a bit for the paint to "cure" before adding the Boss side stripes? Or its fine as is...... Paint was finished on Wed.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Thanks... Will count the days! Gives me just enough time for a Cars&Coffee track day on the 16th!! Its not very competitive..... but its fun to be on the track with vintage cars.

PS...will leave the traction control on and behave.........LoL

I Got the car back this week from the paint shop and was wondering if one should wait a bit for the paint to "cure" before adding the Boss side stripes? Or its fine as is...... Paint was finished on Wed.
What color stripes will go back on? White really looks outstanding. But that's my own thoughts. They also say it will add about 23hp. ;)

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Hmm, One side black, and the other white..... Kinda a Dr.Jykle and Mr. Hyde thing? I think I will keep in touch with my darker side......

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Being right in the heart of Nascar Country I would just suggest asking around to see who does quality automotive vinyl. Would bet you will have no trouble finding someone to replicate your stripes as a very reasonable cost. The price Ford wants is so silly, you could get someone to paint the entire scheme on your car for that price.

Being right in the heart of Nascar Country I would just suggest asking around to see who does quality automotive vinyl. Would bet you will have no trouble finding someone to replicate your stripes as a very reasonable cost. The price Ford wants is so silly, you could get someone to paint the entire scheme on your car for that price.

Ahh, so you’re familiar with this place!

Yeah, I’ve got a few contacts from work that I plan on reaching out to handle it. I always try to go OEM initially, but yes; this is definetly a job for TDS, Russo’s, or Designer Ink Graphics.

I’ll give an update if I have any luck!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Good luck , but sure you will be successful as I know we have repaired some vehicles with a couple of our local graphic artisans and you can not tell from stock.

TMO Supporting Vendors