The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

After ohlins R&T what's next?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
california
Hi guys,

newbies into this forum and also newbies to track.

I have a 2017 mustang GT with roush supercharger. Also changed my tires to PS4S. Other than these, my car are pretty much stock.

I would say my car is 70% street and 30% track, also do many canyon runnings.

Recently, i am starting to upgrade my car's suspension. I ordered Ohlins R&T + voshlag camber plates and rear shock mount. I will be asking a shop to install them for me. While in this process, i am also thinking some other
suspension upgrade to do at the same time to bundle things together so that i could save some labour fee.

I am thinking to install steeda's stop the hop starter kit. And really want to get some feedback from tracking gurus.
Is this type of stop hop kit necessary after installing Ohlins coilover?
What are other options and things you guys think could be upgraded other than sway bar?

Thanks a lot!

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Hicksville, NY
Sure why not. For some, it works, or sometimes not.

Extra weight that's true - I remember we installed the same item on my brothers mustang we bought online, at Levittown Ford Parts. It somehow work but it dragged the car's cornering.

Focus on maintenance/performance parts rather interiors and exteriors.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
california
Did you manage to install your Ohlins ? Can you share feedback on them ?
Yes, i have running it for 2 months now. For me it is the perfect set. My car is mostly on street and canyon run. Ohlins DFV is perfect for that. It is not harsh but the car would settle very quickly during road imperfection. Body roll is largely removed so that i am not sure if i need anti roll bar.
Initially i was concerned if single adjustment is not enough for me. But after two months use i found single adjustment is actually better than double adjustment because i really don't have to fine tune the suspension that much because i am not a track rat at all.
If your car are track dedicated, i guess there could be better options like MCS/Cortex. But if your car is like hybrid use, i would definitely recommend Ohlins DFV.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel