The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Aftermarket Wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VA Boss said:
bulldogracer said:
Nice2BEtheBOSS said:
bulldogracer said:
here is one of my winter mods. I went with the TSW Nurburgring wheels with NITTO INVO tires. Still deciding on color of lugmuts & center cap.

430074_10151384755835291_1397327445_n.jpg

424555_10151384755950291_663465290_23191283_231151100_n.jpg

Hi Bulldog,

what size bronze tsw is that? Also, do you have pictures of the entire car with the tsw wheels? Thanks!

These are the matte gunmetal not the bronze. The bronze to me looked really brown with the kona blue & ugly. I don't have all the hardware to mount them all yet on the car. The sizes I went with are 19x9 +32 & 19x9.5+41. They weigh 22 lbs.

Awesome looking wheels bulldog!
Three questions - 1) Stock Boss wheels call for +42/Front and +45/Rear, did your wheel dealer indicate your wheels have proper offsets for your Boss? ; 2) what did your wheels run? and; 3) are these 19"?

I am really torn between keeping the stock wheels that will be coming on my 13 LS or, getting a set of your wheels. I love the color.

VA Boss

TSW is distributed thru Discount Tire in US. When they talked to TSW, TSW recommened a 19x8.5+20 for the front. Said this is what all other Mustang owners were running on front. They sent a set for trial fit. I tried them and they stuck out too far, past fender. Discount Tire was nice enough to order 19x9+32 & 19x9.5+41 for trial fit. Yes your correct on the stock offsets. The probem with the fit is the center hub thickness for clearence to rotor hub cap for the decorative center cap from TSW to fit. To me the +32 fits fine under the fender, the 9.5+41 would work too in the front except for center cap. This size fits find in the rear because the axle hub doesn't stick out into the center of the wheel. I paid $275 each.

06GT to 13LS said:
ArizonaGT said:
dude they are lugnuts who gives a shiznit what color they are

Did you have a honda before this?

+1
What are you & Arizona GT jealous? These were just holding the wheels on for looks. BY the way they are racing lugnuts (1/2 the weight of stock) that I used on my 69 Boss 302 vintage race car for less sprung weight. Go drive your Honda's.

Sesshomurai

Nice2BEtheBOSS said:
Can we get some pictures of the wheels BMO members have on their Boss 302's? Or the kind of aftermarket wheels they are planning on getting? I haven't seen this topic posted and if there is I apologize for the repost...

I'm considering the following wheels:
HRE P40, RTR, TSW Nurburgring

The HRE's are the ones I really want but they are VERY pricey. I live about 10 minutes away from the HRE factory.

Will those HRE P40's fit the boss? I tried finding them on one wheel site that carries them and it didn't get listed for the 2011+ Mustang GT.

bulldogracer said:
TSW is distributed thru Discount Tire in US. When they talked to TSW, TSW recommened a 19x8.5+20 for the front. Said this is what all other Mustang owners were running on front. They sent a set for trial fit. I tried them and they stuck out too far, past fender. Discount Tire was nice enough to order 19x9+32 & 19x9.5+41 for trial fit. Yes your correct on the stock offsets. The probem with the fit is the center hub thickness for clearence to rotor hub cap for the decorative center cap from TSW to fit. To me the +32 fits fine under the fender, the 9.5+41 would work too in the front except for center cap. This size fits find in the rear because the axle hub doesn't stick out into the center of the wheel. I paid $275 each.

Does it cost anything to have them send wheels for trial fit? There are a few wheels I would like to try but can't find locally.

Sesshomurai said:
Nice2BEtheBOSS said:
Can we get some pictures of the wheels BMO members have on their Boss 302's? Or the kind of aftermarket wheels they are planning on getting? I haven't seen this topic posted and if there is I apologize for the repost...

I'm considering the following wheels:
HRE P40, RTR, TSW Nurburgring

The HRE's are the ones I really want but they are VERY pricey. I live about 10 minutes away from the HRE factory.

Will those HRE P40's fit the boss? I tried finding them on one wheel site that carries them and it didn't get listed for the 2011+ Mustang GT.

I believe so. Here is a photo of a Mustang with the P43 style HRE Wheels....

05_eibach-mustang-sema.png

I also found this photo of an older body style mustang with the P40 HRE wheels..

DaveMustangP40-1500pix.png

These are kinda growing one me a bit when I decide I may go to 18" for the sidewall they should be better for the streets as for dragracing. http://www.steeda.com/store/steeda-black-pentar-wheels-for-ford-mustang.html

jeepinocala said:
These are kinda growing one me a bit when I decide I may go to 18" for the sidewall they should be better for the streets as for dragracing. http://www.steeda.com/store/steeda-black-pentar-wheels-for-ford-mustang.html

Do you have any idea if they are import wheels and if so, from where? I try so hard not to put imported stuff on my Boss.

jeepinocala said:
I've looked at those before and like them a lot.

Not many wheels at that price point made in the US. My SVT wheels are made in Taiwan. BTW the stock wheels on your Boss are made in China along with the many other parts. We live in a global economy...

Not many wheels at that price point made in the US. My SVT wheels are made in Taiwan. BTW the stock wheels on your Boss are made in China along with the many other parts. We live in a global economy...
[/quote]

Well, I'm old school and have my reasons for avoiding imports. I know the stock wheels are Chinese as well as the lousy transmission. There are many good wheels made in the USA and that is my focus at this time. Yeah, there are lots of ricer wheels everywhere but not for me. Mainly looking for forged wheels.

Dave

TMO Supporting Vendors