The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Age of Boss owners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I will be getting mine in a couple of months so 24 ;D

NFSBOSS said:
LOl I agree. Besides I had my mid life crisis at 25.
I think I will have my midlife crisis at 87 so that I can live to 174 :)

DGRacing said:
42 going on 22...except for the stiff joints and trouble getting in and out of the car without looking like a drunk duck.

That sounds like me except I am 24 lol. My knees crack like I am 60 and when I stand up my spine sounds like someone popping bubble wrap lol

GB899

NO REGRETS
Nebraska
I was 46 when I picked it up last summer... I have been doing the midlife crisis since I was 16 in a 1967 big block firebird convertible... then there was the 1967 mustang fastback... 1990 GT... 1972 pantera... eventually one of them has to be in the middle... lol

emcrace said:
60 and it's my first Stang. Funny thing it's my slowest car around the track.
Bruce
Which other cars do you own?

First Mustang (OK Fox body 5.0L Capri) at 23.
Second (first mid-life crisis) at 45.
Third (next mid-life crisis, and probably last Mustang - will never sell the Boss!) at 53.

Bought the Boss this year, so y'all can do the math...

TMSBOSS said:
Purchased the Boss on my 50th birthday.

Claimed it was my midlife crisis release. Helped with the CFO (Wife).

Hoping this is mid life!! ;D

5.0 for my 50 didn't fly with my wife so I bought anyway. She was pissed at first, but she got over it.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
racered302 said:
5.0 for my 50 didn't fly with my wife so I bought anyway. She was pissed at first, but she got over it.

It did help when I showed her the colors were the same the car I picked her up in for our first date.

Got to use all you can!! ;D

TMSBOSS said:
It did help when I showed her the colors were the same the car I picked her up in for our first date.

Got to use all you can!! ;D

Agreed, got to keep that heart pumping. Mine is a penny pincher. I could of had 2mil in the bank and would have had the same issue.

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
My very first car was a 68 Mustang coupe @ 17
Since then a had 2, 69 Mach1s,
1 ,1971 Mach1
1 69 Mustang fast back Super Cobra Jet
1980 Mercury Capri
1988 GT
1989 Mustang 4 cylinder.
1984 SVO Mustang
04 Mach1
Now the Boss. :)

And I work for Ford Stamping Devision

NeuRon

2012 500A #1626
At 41, I'm not surprised to see I'm the average age. Likewise, owning a hot Mustang in our youth seems to be a common thread. What's that say? ;D.

It looks like the chances are good that if you see another Boss, the driver has owned some nice cars. 8)

1991 Mustang GT: 19
2012 Boss 302 : 41

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!
51 last year when I bought mine. My first car was a 69 Mustang Fastback someone painted Grabber Blue (a 1970 color). Not a mid-life crisis. I think it is back to a normal life, like you were, before you sacrificed things for your family. I'm really enjoying it with my 3 sons.

Brian

I got mine at 50. My wife actually begged me to buy it so I would get rid of the 96 Viper. At 16 I had a 69 notch back mustang. Over the years I've owned at least six plus a few I bought to fix and re sell.

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
Re: Re: Age of Boss owners

seca954 said:
I got mine at 50. My wife actually begged me to buy it so I would get rid of the 96 Viper. At 16 I had a 69 notch back mustang. Over the years I've owned at least six plus a few I bought to fix and re sell.
She didn't like the Viper?

Vermont
62 when I purchased my 2013 Boss. In 1970 purchased my 1st Mustang and wasn't until 2009 until my next two, which included my '70 Boss.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel