The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Age of Boss owners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Had posted on the other owner age tpoic, but will add here as well.
53 when I bought my 12 Boss. Found out after bringing it home, it was built on my birthday 8) 55 now, no mid life crisis or any of that, too busy for such nonsense.
Sold my 70 Grabber Blue Boss 302 in 83 when #3 child of 5 was born. Priorities :(
At least I have been fortunate to have owned 1 from each era.

At 61 now what are my other cars? Well The track cars are my loves. I vintage race starting in 1994. I have owned restored, and fluaged a Super 7 America Coswoth, Ralt RT4 formula Atlantic, and current a Lola t590 S2000. The Boss is my dd but was tracked on month old, not flauged. all the track cars were one at a time. No buget for multipul toys at once.
DD's best was a CJ5 V8 on steroids 500 hp with 7800 rpm small block with the wheelbase of a lawnmower.
Bruce

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
I remember when the original poll came out, I was the only owner in my 20s who purchased the car myself, so I still considered myself the youngest owner. I took delivery of my Boss when I was 26 after selling my '06 GT (that I got new at 21) that was my Ensign-mobile (the Boss is my Lieutenant-mobile, lol). Still obviously in my 20s as I still have 19 more months!

Per usual, since my dad isn't on here, he bought his Boss when he was 63, about 7 months after I bought mine. For the record, since others are putting what they've had previously my dad started off with a '73 Vette with the 350 as his Ensign-mobile. Then he picked up a '67 327 Vette vert for his Lieutenant-mobile and then added a '80 911 (along with the Vette) then the '05 M3 vert he traded in on the Boss.

unrealford said:
Just wanted to see if we fall into the category of old guys in corvettes. LoL..
I'll start. I bought my Boss a day after my birthday in 2011.
I was 45 yrs old.

Looks like I am one of the old guys in this bunch. I am 61 years young and bought my first "Blue Oval" car back in the 60's and it was a 1967 Cougar. I presently own 3 LS cars and sold another '13 LS car to a buddy of mine in Canada since he could not get a '13 LS car up there this year.

Certainly great to see that there are a lot of young Boss owners in America that will hopefully continue to keep the Boss legacy going.

:)

7500RPM said:
Looks like I am one of the old guys in this bunch. I am 61 years young and bought my first "Blue Oval" car back in the 60's and it was a 1967 Cougar. I presently own 3 LS cars and sold another '13 LS car to a buddy of mine in Canada since he could not get a '13 LS car up there this year.

Certainly great to see that there are a lot of young Boss owners in America that will hopefully continue to keep the Boss legacy going.

:)
I'm glad to see several Boss owners are older than me. I bought my Boss almost two years ago when I was 52 and I'm now 25 again. 8)

302BOB said:
My clock turns back at least 35 yrs every time I start my Boss up & take it for a cruise..pure magic. ;)

It doesn't matter how young or old we are once a person has gasoline running through his veins that great feeling is always there.

In my case these outstanding new generation Boss cars takes me back some 44 years to when a buddy of mine bought a '69 Boss and we took it to the local drag strip up in Canada.

Premium leaded gas was only $.40 per gallon at the time and we could fill the tank on the Boss for around $6.00 and by the end of cruising all night the car was pretty much empty. Of course there was a lot of stop light racing going on during the night on 8th Street in Saskatoon.

;)

7500RPM said:
Premium leaded gas was only $.40 per gallon at the time and we could fill the tank on the Boss for around $6.00 and by the end of cruising all night the car was pretty much empty. Of course there was a lot of stop light racing going on during the night on 8th Street in Saskatoon.

;)

I remember as a kid, I used to tape 2 quarters to the inside of my motorcross boot before a ride so I could stop and put 1 gallon of gas in it twice during the days ride.

OH how I miss 25 cents a gallon gas.

ufnavy06 said:
I remember when the original poll came out, I was the only owner in my 20s who purchased the car myself, so I still considered myself the youngest owner. I took delivery of my Boss when I was 26 after selling my '06 GT (that I got new at 21) that was my Ensign-mobile (the Boss is my Lieutenant-mobile, lol). Still obviously in my 20s as I still have 19 more months!
So, i just have to ask. Are you going to be a Cobra Commander?

I had just turned 34 when I got mine.

You guys are a bunch of young pups. I was 68 when I took delivery of my 2012 on 9/11/2012. Yup, I am an old, gray haired man driving a bad ass Mustang into the sunset (along with a 2007 Shelby GT/SC).

TMO Supporting Vendors