The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Age of Boss owners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
Just wanted to see if we fall into the category of old guys in corvettes. LoL..
I'll start. I bought my Boss a day after my birthday in 2011.
I was 45 yrs old.

Bought my '70 when I was 37. Picked up the '12 when I was 40.

When out cruising around in either one I've been asked a few times if the Mustang is my "mid life crisis car".

My response is that I still own my first car ('67 Fastback Mustang) and I've always had one or two other performance Mustangs. So no the Mustang isn't my mid life crisis car, I guess it's my "whole life crisis car".

Picked mine up last year (2012) when 24 years old.
My first big purchase... and best lol.

if we can get a poll going, it would give us a better picture.

Mine was delivered July 2 2011, a month and a half before my before my 50. Never had a performance car at this level, kids are grown and it's my turn.

302BOB said:
We had a poll awhile back...I wonder if Rick can dig it up.
You can use the search function just as easily as I can. ;) I typed in "age poll" and the first hit was this:

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=1256.msg18180#msg18180

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
Re: Re: Age of Boss owners

NFSBOSS said:
You can use the search function just as easily as I can. ;) I typed in "age poll" and the first hit was this:

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=1256.msg18180#msg18180
Thanks, Tapatalk sucks
LoL

I picked mine up on fathers day 2011,I am 52.I had a 70 Mach 1 428 SCJ,pulled that motor out and installed a 429 SCJ,which was a major job reworking the shock towers to fit it in.The car run the low 11's in the qtr. mile.I have restored close to 100 mustangs in my life time,70 Boss 429,2 Shelby GT 350's,2 Boss 302's both 70's, 4 or 5 Mach 1's,69 and 70's,1 t5 Australian Mustang,the only 1 I have ever seen,and almost every other modle and yearmustang they have made.The Boss was a treat for myself.

CrazyHorse1847 said:
Bought my '70 when I was 37. Picked up the '12 when I was 40.

When out cruising around in either one I've been asked a few times if the Mustang is my "mid life crisis car".

My response is that I still own my first car ('67 Fastback Mustang) and I've always had one or two other performance Mustangs. So no the Mustang isn't my mid life crisis car, I guess it's my "whole life crisis car".
People that ask that question are absolute morons and know nothing about cars or those that are into them.

TMO Supporting Vendors