The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Age of Boss owners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
max5ive0 said:
So, i just have to ask. Are you going to be a Cobra Commander?

I had just turned 34 when I got mine.

I did think about that one, with appropriate vanity plate of course! :D

SoDakMac said:
You guys are a bunch of young pups. I was 68 when I took delivery of my 2012 on 9/11/2012. Yup, I am an old, gray haired man driving a bad ass Mustang into the sunset (along with a 2007 Shelby GT/SC).

Nice to hear I am not one of the only Boss enthusiasts in their sixties on this site. By the way, you and I being in our sixties does not constitute old by any means and a little gray here and there only confirms that we have been around both generations of these great Boss cars.

I am sure you remember the '69 and '70 Boss cars just like is was yesterday, I know I do and suggest that we still know how to get these new cars around the track if needed be.

8)

7500RPM said:
Nice to hear I am not one of the only Boss enthusiasts in their sixties on this site. By the way, you and I being in our sixties does not constitute old by any means and a little gray here and there only confirms that we have been around both generations of these great Boss cars.

I am sure you remember the '69 and '70 Boss cars just like is was yesterday, I know I do and suggest that we still know how to get these new cars around the track if needed be.

8)

So which one do you like better? The original Bosses or the new Bosses? I'd think from a collecting standpoint the original Boss is a true show piece, but the new ones, by all accounts, are much more fun to drive.

cbj5259 said:
So which one do you like better? The original Bosses or the new Bosses? I'd think from a collecting standpoint the original Boss is a true show piece, but the new ones, by all accounts, are much more fun to drive.

With no disrespect to the '69 and '70 Boss cars but I really enjoy these new Boss cars much more. I have been fortunate to own numerous muscle cars from the last sixties and early seventies and certainly enjoyed them immensely and only have one muscle car left and that is a 69 1/2 AMC SC/Rambler. We have had it in the family since 1996 and it is a really nice original car so do not want to let it go.

The original muscle cars are great to own and drive from time to time but the braking, handling and acceleration of these new Boss cars are miles ahead of the original Boss cars. In addition the fuel mileage, Recaro seats, AC and relability is far ahead of the old cars. That is the reason I sold all of the muscle cars I had and moved over to these new generation Boss cars and others.

Many old car enthusiasts talk about the good old days, well the good old days of automotive performance are here today and I plan to enjoy them as much as I did back in the sixties. I hope others plan to do the same?

:)

I was a Chevy mechanic in 1970 and head over heals in love with the 1969 Z28. The Boss at that time was the enemy. That being said I knew every inch of both. The new GT with track pack is way better than the origionals hands down. And the new Boss is way better than that. 61 and still racing, just not as often.

I graduated from high school in 1970 and ran out and bought a 70 mach1 351 clev and have been hooked on the mustangs since. Bought a 73 mach a few years later but wasn't near the car the 70 was. This year that I decided to buy a new 2013 race red Boss. Im 60 and still a Mustang guy.

When I went to Boss Track Attack the last coupla days I noticed I was the youngest owner there by a fair margin... I'm 32 and the owner demographic I sampled that day is definitely in the 45+ range.

firefighter120

just an ordinary guy with an extra-ordinary car
37! And this is my first V8 muscle car/track car/sports car

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nWx9Tu3dGJ4[/youtube]

I am 44 right now. Picked up my 2013 RR 302 April 16, 2013. I don't believe in all that "mid-life" crap. It's just livin' and livin' right when your drivin the BOSS. Nothing but smiles when I am behind the wheel of my BOSS. Started with an '84 SVO at 23, an "04 GT at 36, an "06 GT at 38, an "11 GT at 41 and like I said the Boss at 44. So it has been a steady climb. Although I truly intend on keeping my beautiful Boss.

aarcox2013

New Boss In Town
F.D. Sako said:
Picked mine up last year (2012) when 24 years old.
My first big purchase... and best lol.

if we can get a poll going, it would give us a better picture.

F.D.'s got me beat, took delivery of mine 5/30/13 and I am 27 years old. :D

TMO Supporting Vendors