The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Air bag suspension on the boss?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I got this email from MRT about this new air bag suspension system. I think it would be cool for show but I think that's about it. What do you guys think?
http://www.mrt-direct.com/mustang-digital-air-suspension.html

racered302 said:
That and a set of spinners and a guy will have all the ladies. :)
spinners, of course. Why didn't I think of that. Now your talkin, I'll get all the ladies. I like the way you think. Some fuzzy dice, Oh yea do they still make those curb feelers?

BLAZN BOSS

Steve said:
spinners, of course. Why didn't I think of that. Now your talkin, I'll get all the ladies. I like the way you think. Some fuzzy dice, Oh yea do they still make those curb feelers?

If air bag suspension is wanted the fake stick on buick fender vents are required also. 3 on each fender and 3 on either side of the hood for cooling. OH, and the stainless stick on flames too!

Steve said:

I totally forgot about the retro park assist devices

BLAZN BOSS said:
If air bag suspension is wanted the fake stick on buick fender vents are required also. 3 on each fender and 3 on either side of the hood for cooling. OH, and the stainless stick on flames too!

I think I'd have to go 4 on each side for the "Roadmaster" look!

1949-roadmaster.jpg

My buddy has this same setup on his Gt500. And it is pretty amazing. Car handles like mine on Kw Coilovers and believe the Weight difference is the same.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
For $3k I wouldn't be surprised if it could handle better than some setups...but with airbags, my first concern would be how the effective spring rates would jump up as the shocks and struts got hot. And after that, I would worry about longevity of the system.

Not for me, with those potential issues...but I wouldn't knock a guy for buying these and actually using the car (occasionally) on track.

Very true. There are a couple of kits on the market, but this is the only one I would ever put on my boss. We have done three track days together this spring/summer. For someone like grant 302 and others that are hard core every weekend racing, this not a setup that would be the best setup. But for the average guy, three or four track events a season, it is really nice. It makes getting on and off the trailer a breeze. And his wife still rides in his gt500, mine not so much...haha.
Grant 302 said:
For $3k I wouldn't be surprised if it could handle better than some setups...but with airbags, my first concern would be how the effective spring rates would jump up as the shocks and struts got hot. And after that, I would worry about longevity of the system.

Not for me, with those potential issues...but I wouldn't knock a guy for buying these and actually using the car (occasionally) on track.

TMO Supporting Vendors