The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Air Pressure for Tire Storage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
I have a set of track tires I have sealed in plastic bags and each one inside a tire tote and laying stacked on the floor. I had a friend come by and asked if I lowered the tire pressure before storing them. He claims that they should be set at 10-15 psi if you store any tire for months at a tyme. Ever hear of this?

This article indicates 50% or normal tire pressure. I have my original set of tires and rims and have not done this......

http://www.tireindustry.org/sites/default/files/files/BMP-Storage-1113.pdf

blacksheep-1 said:
Somewhere around here is a post on rehabbing old race tires, that is how I would store mine, along with letting some air out...
Come on, you're not going to tell us how much air to let out? ;)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel