The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Air Temp intake

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does anyone know if the air intake sensor is at the mass air flow sensor? My inlet air temp was over 120 in stop and go traffic last night and ambient was only 73. I had some work done on the car the day before and now it looks unusually high. I think it usually used to runs about 5 to 10 degrees hotter than ambient.

Not sure but in for the answer.

The IAT is sourced from the MAF, as far as I know that is part of OBDII standard. MAF readings are also how the ECU infers pressure altitude.

I would think 120 in stop and go wouldn't be unusual if you have an after-market intake that pulls air from inside the engine bay. Most of the open top shielded contraptions don't seal particularly well. If it comes down while cruising on the highway, and the emissions monitors clear, I wouldn't worry about it.

The IAT is sourced from the MAF, as far as I know that is part of OBDII standard. MAF readings are also how the ECU infers pressure altitude.

I would think 120 in stop and go wouldn't be unusual if you have an after-market intake that pulls air from inside the engine bay. Most of the open top shielded contraptions don't seal particularly well. If it comes down while cruising on the highway, and the emissions monitors clear, I wouldn't worry about it.
The irony of “cold air” intakes. 99% of them are not cold at all....

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel