The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Airaid CAI Impressions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Having no issues with my Airaid PJ CAI and enjoy the look as well as the sound at WOT. Soon it will be paired with a FRPP 84.5MM TB and then off to be dynoed at RWR Motorsports. No tune intended at this tyme. Just wanna see want she'll come in at.

I was thinking I would go with the CF Airaid, until I saw a video of how the water funnels from the hood vent right onto the filter element,the fellow said it would stall his car when it rained.They have come up with a goofy looking tin shield to rectify the problem.This has turned me off the open Cold Air Intake,although I like the look (without tin shield )and added preformance they bring.

I tried using it, and I wasn't convinced. Fitting foam into hardened cloth doesn't work well. Blame still lies on Airaid.

Justin said:
jlt sells a piece of foam for like 10 bucks to go in the vent to prevent that from happening.....

sadil said:
I tried using it, and I wasn't convinced. Fitting foam into hardened cloth doesn't work well. Blame still lies on Airaid.
Blame it on Ford. It works fine on a 2012. ;)

lol for once I don't think Ford is at fault. Airaid should have redesigned their aftermarket piece for 13s and 14s instead of marketing it as a 12/13/14 piece.

NFSBOSS said:
Blame it on Ford. It works fine on a 2012. ;)

I've ran my airaid PJ intake for about 7 thousand miles now with no issues. BUT I've noticed that the blue dry filter is starting to turn gray. Is there a proper way of cleaning it?

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
USNjocson said:
I've ran my airaid PJ intake for about 7 thousand miles now with no issues. BUT I've noticed that the blue dry filter is starting to turn gray. Is there a proper way of cleaning it?

Right from the Mfgr. The blue is the no oil version.

"Synthamax Air Filters do not require oil. Service air filter as needed by cleaning with common non-petroleum all-purpose household cleaner and water. Simple Green®, Formula 409® or equivalent works great. Apply cleaner to outside of air filter and allow to soak. Then flush filter clean from the inside out with a garden hose and repeat steps if necessary. Do not apply high pressure water or air to clean filter. Allow filter to air dry and reinstall."

Follow airaid instructions available on their website. Process is simple, wash by spraying water from the back of the filter to the front (reverse direction of airflow). Once complete, ensure filter is left to dry overnight.

http://airaid.com/videos.aspx

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel