The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

AIRAID CF Intake

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Very nice. It's also a clean way to get rid of the sound tube.

20111221165540768.jpg

The final auctions just finished and #1 sold for $810 and #15 sold for $910. While it's a charity auction that's crazy considering the early ones went for half that and at least four sold for under retail.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150718734204?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150718726203?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Has there been any follow up on Araid with TK?
This thread was a while ago, so it seems that the test with TK would have occurred by now.

lbp said:
Has there been any follow up on Araid with TK?
This thread was a while ago, so it seems that the test with TK would have occurred by now.
The test was completed a month ago and is noted back a couple of pages. There was no difference with or without TK. In other words there are no issues using TK with this intake, at least from the Dyno numbers.

Maui
95blitz said:
Yeah man 1&15 are crazy.

Here are some low light cell phone pics.

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/7613/20111221165553436.jpg

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/5051/20111221165540768.jpg

Very nice! That's a permanent marker right? hehe. ;)

I just spoiled my surprise Xmas gift. I walked out the front door and a big box was sitting there. I looked at the return address label and it said AIRAID. ;D
YES!!! I guess my wife and son listen to my mumblings once in a while. I know what I will be doing tomorrow afternoon.

5 DOT 0 said:
95blitz said:
I want to but no clue what to use. I have clear vinyl but not sure if it will work, I have thought about using clear coat also.
I'd be concerned that a clear vinyl might pull off the writing when you remove it. Might be best to take a nice photo to memorialize it and just use it as is.

I'll still have poster if it falls off the tube. :)

After too many months of fence-sitting, I pulled the trigger and ordered my Parnelli Jones CF Intake directly from AIRAID.

Instructions were clear and easy to follow.

Took about an hour, including double-checking everything before even getting the tools out.

Looks sexy as hell, too!

Dave

DA712

Owner of 2012 & 13 Boss 302's
dahens1 said:
After too many months of fence-sitting, I pulled the trigger and ordered my Parnelli Jones CF Intake directly from AIRAID.

Instructions were clear and easy to follow.

Took about an hour, including double-checking everything before even getting the tools out.

Looks sexy as hell, too!

Dave

I agree, I put one on mine and although its in question the power gains it provides, there isn't a question how cool it looks!
I've seen plenty of $ spent on non performance items on here so who cares, if you like it, get it!

I have read there may be a question on it being too lean with track key. I wonder if there's someone who could validate that or not...

DA712 said:
I agree, I put one on mine and although its in question the power gains it provides, there isn't a question how cool it looks!
I've seen plenty of $ spent on non performance items on here so who cares, if you like it, get it!

I have read there may be a question on it being too lean with track key. I wonder if there's someone who could validate that or not...
just curious where you read that. I've seen that TK runs a bit lean but haven't read that the Airaid intake caused the lean results.

DA712

Owner of 2012 & 13 Boss 302's
5 DOT 0 said:
DA712 said:

just curious where you read that. I've seen that TK runs a bit lean but haven't read that the Airaid intake caused the lean results.

On this or the "other" board, someone said they could only imagine how lean it was running with the TK & air raid. I hadn't heard that and have no idea if the individual had a clue.....

It is a very old topic I know, but are there any findings so far regarding this?
DA712 said:

On this or the "other" board, someone said they could only imagine how lean it was running with the TK & air raid. I hadn't heard that and have no idea if the individual had a clue.....

And does anyone know the size of the Airraid cf intake tube which gets connected to the throttle body, is it 4"? I see a reducer ruber part used to connect from the cf tube to the stock throttle body.

TMO Supporting Vendors