The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

AIRAID CF Intake

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adam81 said:
BadBoss1930 said:
I just paid $64 including tax for the K&N 33-2431 at Oreily's. I highly doubt you'll find this filter for $45 as suggested by the link. I removed the quad restrictor plates and I gotta say, the butt dyno says it's a bit snappier for sure. Really about all I want to do to the Boss for now. Love the sound too.

Hopefully this will encourage you just a wee bit to search for better deals..... ;)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/K-N-33-2431-Washable-High-Flow-Air-Filter-/320791813758?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item4ab0ae9e7e

Ha! Thanks but nah it probably won't. I'd rather pay than wait on ground shipping anyway.

95blitz said:
Well what is the latest on the system.
While no peak HP gains there's a nice increase in the power curve in the higher RPM range that should help while tracking your Boss. They sure look cool.

450-174dyno-1.png

GA
Nice. I wonder if the CDC Shaker intake would provide similar results for my GT. It pipes into the factory airbox so it doesn't need a tune either. I just have to get past the commitment of cutting a hole in my hood. It just being a regular GT makes that decision a little easier, and it sure would look cool I think.

I agree with you 5 DOT 0. I really like the looks of this intake situp. It also looks like it helps with torque and hp in the middle of the power band and does away with the sound tube too. I may have to add this to my christmas list. If anyone else gets it first post pictures.

David@AIRAID said:
racered302 said:
Will installing this CIA affect the Warranty? It seems as if Ford doesn't want us to do anything to the engine otherwise we might get dinged if we need a warranty repair. I would like to buy this CIA but after I read the "Ford TSB 11-7-7" I decided I would post here first and see if anyone knows anything about this. Thanks, didn't read through all 60+ post for an answer but I did search for the tsb# but nothing came up.

Hello racered302,

Aftermarket performance part's such as a CAI, dp not void the manufacture warranty and there is a Federal Law that prevents that.

http://business.ftc.gov/documents/bus01-businesspersons-guide-federal-warranty-law#Magnuson-Moss

Thanks,
David

Hi David,

I looked at that Magnuson-Moss link. I didn't see anything in there that would limit Ford from denying a warranty claim on an engine that has been modified by the owner. Can you point out the clause that protects the consumer in these cases where the consumer has made minor modifications to the warrantied product?

BR-

Hello nota4re,

Just curious, Who are all these people that you are referring to?

I saw one gentleman talk a Dyno run and the procedure was done completely backwards, so NO, no real gains were shown. So short of that, I am not sure who you are referring to.

Read my post. I never said "all these people". I simply stated that I haven't seen ANYone duplicate the claimed HP/TQ benefits - or close.

Maybe everyone is testing wrong.

What was the procedure that you used? I'd be curious to follow YOUR procedure and see if we can get the same results. As I said, the look is very cool. The claimed results are cool too. Just want to see them in the real world.

nota4re said:
Hello nota4re,

Just curious, Who are all these people that you are referring to?

I saw one gentleman talk a Dyno run and the procedure was done completely backwards, so NO, no real gains were shown. So short of that, I am not sure who you are referring to.

Read my post. I never said "all these people". I simply stated that I haven't seen ANYone duplicate the claimed HP/TQ benefits - or close.

Maybe everyone is testing wrong.

What was the procedure that you used? I'd be curious to follow YOUR procedure and see if we can get the same results. As I said, the look is very cool. The claimed results are cool too. Just want to see them in the real world.

I am waiting to see more independent results of this also....

Yeah sorry I started not to bid again but looked at the buy it now price and the price of a non-signed one and thought it was a good deal. There are 2 more up right now #1 is 650 and #15 is 740 I think. Glad to see them getting more than sticker just glad I didn't pay more than the 599 buy it now price.

Just got #11 in and man that's a nice piece of carbon fiber. Its a nice snug fit overall I say a perfect 10. I don't think you will find a better looking air intake.

Yeah man 1&15 are crazy.

Here are some low light cell phone pics.

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/7613/20111221165553436.jpg

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/5051/20111221165540768.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel