The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

AIRAID CF Intake

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This looks pretty cool and they claim a 19 HP gain with no tune. I'd like to see that verified. They will do some testing with TK once it's available. This is now on my Christmas list. ;)

http://www.airaid.com/450-174.aspx

intakefinal-1.png
453-174-Installed-1.png
Parnelli_bubble_sticker_final-1.png
250-227mafRGB-1.jpg

guess I think that is not a bad price. Just to add a high performance filter to a 2012 GT from FRP costs $410 since it takes a tuner to make it work. Hope the Boss is a little more capable of adjusting to the extra air flow without having to change a tune.

Boss 1276 - but the tuner is a big part of that cost. I put a CAI / Tune on my son's GT and the tuner was the more expensive part of the combo. The tuner AND CAI cost than the AIRRAID CAI alone. But then again, I may not be comparing apples to apples. That was not carbon fiber and I am sure not the quality of the AIRRAID. Another factor is that they are playing to a small market if it is Boss specific, so low production volume would bring the cost way up.

Looks nice. it interesting that "no special tuning is required". Don't most other aftermarket CAI for the mustang require a tune? It's also interesting that there intake makes 19hp on the Boss but only 11hp on a 5.0 GT.

BossJockey said:
Looks nice. it interesting that "no special tuning is required". Don't most other aftermarket CAI for the mustang require a tune? It's also interesting that there intake makes 19hp on the Boss but only 11hp on a 5.0 GT.
They use some sort of removable baffle to choke down the air flow. That intake looks so cool I might buy it on looks alone. We should know the results of their Boss TracKey testing my the end of next week.

5 DOT 0 said:
BossJockey said:
They use some sort of removable baffle to choke down the air flow. That intake looks so cool I might buy it on looks alone. We should know the results of their Boss TracKey testing my the end of next week.

So are you going to guinea pig this one for us? ;)

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
5 DOT 0 said:

In for those results...

I saw the prototype part on a Boss at MPH and it looked really good. The owner claimed that they saw big gains which we all were amazed.
He ran all weekend and never talked about any drivability problems. I was not in his run group so I can't comment if he seemed to have more power than stock.

Dean#4AI said:
I saw the prototype part on a Boss at MPH and it looked really good. The owner claimed that they saw big gains which we all were amazed.
He ran all weekend and never talked about any drivability problems. I was not in his run group so I can't comment if he seemed to have more power than stock.
I was in his run group. I talked to him earlier this week again and he just dropped it there for more testing with TracKey. They are going to verify it works with TK and still provides the same results. I am somewhat amazed they get those gains without a tune too.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
cloud9 said:
I was in his run group. I talked to him earlier this week again and he just dropped it there for more testing with TracKey. They are going to verify it works with TK and still provides the same results. I am somewhat amazed they get those gains without a tune too.

JBG!

ArizonaGT said:
cloud9 said:

JBG!
Did he have TK installed yet and did he drop off his Boss at Airaid?

ArizonaGT said:
cloud9 said:

JBG!
LOL!!! ;D

2012 Boss Cold Air Intake..................

Any of you fellows tried this CAI? If so, is it compatible with track key?

http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2011/10/30/new-product-airaid-parnelli-jones-carbon-fiber-intake-system-for-the-2012-mustang-boss-302/

airaid-boss-302-intake-585x388.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors