The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Airaid Parnelli Jones CAI

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hello folks,

I was wondering if any of you have tried this intake ( Airaid 453-174) on your Boss? Any increase in performance with/without a tune? Just picked up a 13.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
I like mine. still have not taken it to the dyno but the car feels good. Great fit and finish, Went straight to a AED tune without the insert.

Friend picked up a huge PMAS CAI.... its big but is very cheap and trashy looking next to the Airaid with no where near the ease of installation.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Installed one on my 12 Boss using the MAF tube insert and didn’t notice much other than improved intake sound. But, I did notice a distinct power improvement once I added a set of ceramic coated Kooks Super Sport Headers.

It does look great when you pop the hood.

the OEM CAI works very well. You will not notice any power gains going from factory to the Airaid.
Like others said it's more about looks. I went with the Steeda CAI but required a tune. Which was what I needed for removing the Cats. Like 2HP said about headers and power gains.

I gained about 25hp to guess. You could leave the stock CAI in and get the same results with adding headers or removing the cats. Just remember that the more air you take in changes the fuel to air ratio and running to lean will cause harm to your roadrunner. If it's just power your looking for. Don't waste you cash on a CAI and get headers first. If you remove the cats. Its very cheap to do.... However it becomes very loud. I enjoyed it for the first 2 years but I am tired of the Noise!!

Motor on my friend

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Always Headers first!! I added the CAI together with a accufab 84.5mm TB since Shaun said it was good for another 7 to 9 hp.

It looked terrific on my Boss. Didn’t add any power though.

064889EA-AACC-47BC-965B-F94202B7B400.jpeg

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
AiRaid PJ along with 85.4 TB Kooks shorties and 2" side pipes with MRT H Pipes and Borla OAs and ATAKS sure look sweet but added about 25 HP to my '12. Only the OEM cats remain but she sounds great. If your dual purpose the car like I do (HPDE, AutoX and Show 'n Shine), i'd do it all over again.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
OBTW: Welcome to TMO NewMoon, that is one sweet looking Race Red 2013 Boss 302 Mustang.

Look forward to reading about your performance mods. Have fun.

I have the PJ carbon airaid intake.

I installed it the same weekend i installed long tubes, catless H pipe, exhaust, and a boss 302 intake manifold. I am using a Lund tune.

Not sure how much power i gained or from what. I did notice that the intake tube gets really hot, and soft/flexible. DEI gold heat tape is what i covered the tube with.

I know this is an older thread. I have a question I hope someone can answer. I found one of these kits used (on this forum) and seems to be in good shape, but I installed it and ran the car good couple of times and CEL came on. Ford checked light and said is running lean. Do these kits come with a tube insert to run with Trackkey? Hoping the answer is yes. I have been running the plastic version of this kit for my Boss and it came with the tube. The Parnelli Jones one I bought did not.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel