The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

airbag call in

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Got my second notice and this tyme it's for the actual replacement. The letter states that you should expect a half day for the install. We'll see. I'll call mt dealer on Tuesday to set up an appointment.

Just scheduled my car for the airbag recall. Service advisor said it will take 3-4 hours. I talked to the parts guy I have been dealing with for years. He pulled out the replacement part. I now understand 3-4 hours. The ignitor portion of the airbag assembly is being replaced only. This is something you should not mess with. Let the technicians do their job.

Had both my Bosses done 2 weeks ago, dropped one of at 10:00, by the time my wife showed up at 10:45 it was finished, she drove it home, 2nd one was finished at 11:15, thanks Gresham Ford!

Sounds like that Dealership is on the ball! It seems this recall fix should take less than an hour to do, but I'm sure some dealers will take the full 3-4 hrs allotted to them. That's the crap shoot you take, I guess.

Mine took about 30 minutes but maybe that was because I gave them strict instructions about not getting grease on the steering wheel or seats so they probably wanted me out of there quicker. (no plastic steering wheel cover available and mechanic pushed the plastic seat cover to the side to sit in the car to work on it. I requested no test drive was necessary and they said it was not required (with a funny look). I was told not to go into the shop as their insurance forbid it so I ask if I could sign a waver but they declined. The mechanic made the mistake parking the car just inside the main door so I could stand outside the main door (not inside the shop) and watch and ask questions. The mechanic drove my car from the shop to the outside parking lot and drove up onto to a concrete parking stop in which he missed hitting the splitter by less than 1/4". I pointed it out to the service manager who bent down too see how close it really was and I told him that my concerns about scary dealer stories must be true in which he apologized and went to talk to the mechanic. I was told the part cost around $12 (now $63 that the demand is very high) and they had 0.6 hours of labor costed out for these jobs. I don't believe he even disconnected the battery as the hood was not opened as the radio did not lose its presets. The cartridge is serialized and the old ones must be sent back to Ford. All employees handling these parts must go through a "hazmat" training course according to the parts manager. In short a fun time was had by all.........and maybe the airbag will not kill me now if it ever gets deployed.

Tim

So the recall is also for the passager side also
There is a separate recall for the passenger airbag inflator. I finally had the driver side done on 3/11 and on 3/13 I received a letter about the recall for the passenger side. Same situation about needing to what for another letter from Ford letting you know when the replacement part is available so you can schedule an appointment.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel