The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 Airbag question for my track-driven daily-driver..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Atlanta, GA
Hi everyone,
Sorry if it's already been answered but I couldn't find an answer to my specific situation..

I bought some Sparco seats, pending installation.
I daily drive my Mustang, but I track it about every 2 months.
So I still need my airbags when I daily drive.
But I want to get rid of the airbag light and still be mindful of my safety.
I'm mainly concerned about the remaining airbags working properly (driver knee, steering wheel, pillar curtain, passenger airbags)

1. Which airbags (Including both driver and passenger side) will/will not work while the seat is installed, NO resistor, airbag light is ON?
2. Which airbags (Including both driver and passenger side) will/will not work while the seat is installed, YES resistor, airbag light is OFF?
3. While on-track, what are the safety concerns of airbags going off while I have a helmet on, hans-device, with Schroth QuickFit Pro? (Clips into both front driver and rear seatbelt buckles)

Thanks for the help in advance!
Here's a photo of my car 👋 :)
IMG_0340.jpeg

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
SoCal
I recall seeing a post awhile back from @honeybadger who confirmed that the remaining airbags will still go off even with the airbag light ON.

The airbag light on the dash doesn't bother me at all but I was concerned about the annoying seatbelt chime....oddly, no chime goes off with Sparco seat and no passenger seat.

TMO Supporting Vendors