The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Alignment Advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Will be installing MM Camber plates next week.

Have P Springs with stock dampners and Enkei PF-01s with Nito 05 275x40-18 on the front.

What alignment settings are folks running?

Driving will be occasional track use and pleasure driving. Not a DD. Just a little over 3K in 16 months.

Thanks

:)

I went for the max camber, factory caster and zero toe. I was able to get -3.0/-3.1 degrees but after replacing my strut I got -2.9/-2.8. The race tires were on the car the last time versus the factory tires so that "may" account for the decrease in negative camber. It drives fine on the street but if you put a lot of street miles on the car you will wear the insides of your tires faster.

My tuner was able to get -2.0 degrees of camber with eccentric bolts from an evo. Something to think about if you haven't already purchased the camber plate.

loco pantelonez said:
My tuner was able to get -2.0 degrees of camber with eccentric bolts from an evo. Something to think about if you haven't already purchased the camber plate.
One thing to consider going this route is that you move the top of the tire closer to the strut. You could limit the front wheel size.

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
As Gary & Pete mentioned, get the most negative camber you can get. Make sure to have them set the toe to 0.0* or slightly toed in. That will help keep your tire wear to a minimum.

You will still see increased tire wear from running more negative camber than stock, but it will be even vs. chopped if the toe is set to 0.0*

As for eccentric bolts, I'm not a fan. They have a tendency to come loose unless you hammer the heck out of them with an air-gun (which leads to other issues). They also lean the top of the spindle into the strut which can result in less wheel to strut clearance. I can lean my spindle in enough to get my 18x10 to lean against the strut body. Cheap solution (less than $50), but presents some issues.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Thanks Guys!!!

I will look for 2.0+ and striaght up on the toe in.

No camber bolts here.

I picked up the plates, front brake cooling system and a trans cooler scoop from OLOABOSS. All to be installed soon.

Appreciate all the help. ;D

TMO Supporting Vendors