The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Alignment Changes at the Track

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Virginia
Going to be an active newbie at tracking my R and Ive been doing a lot of reading. I autocrossed for years back in the 90's with a Saleen/Steeda prepped 86 GT and later a 90 Saleen. Both needed all the negative camber the CC plates could give me (especially the 86), I had the street setting marked on the tower, I pushed the plates inboard for event and never gave toe a second thought.

My thoughts were after installing CC plates I'd go with Fords recommended GT350R Track alignment full time and mark -2.0 on the tower and move more negative as necessary once I started testing. As you know Auto X was relatively slow and I'm unsure how .25 or more or camber change would effect toe and driving at a higher speeds.

Also. I may have found a set of 315 30 19 with 2-3 heat cycles for $600 here locally...deal or no deal? They may sit for most of this season maybe even till next year before I move to a square set-up but if its a great deal it may be worth it to store for now.

I'd love to here you thoughts/recommendations.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
The S550 with the double ball joint setup has way better camber gain properties than any previous Mustang. Needing less static camber is a good thing, IMO. A 0.25º increase in negative camber will still increase toe out and could help with low speed turn-in. Depends on your street settings.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Virginia
If going from a street alignment and adding another .25 of camber for the track will toe out around 1/8" or less as a result, I guess that would be fine.

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors