The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

alignment questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

No trailer again this year so I am going to be driving back and forth from the tracks again, which in some cases is a 600+ mile round trip. I installed MM C/C plates this winter and am going to be getting the front end aligned this coming weekend. What I would like to be able to do is just set the front for the track and leave it. Can this be done without a lot of tire wear from street driving? Or will I need to bring a jack with me and change the camber setting (which changes the toe setting also) once I get to the track? I do not want to have to change the toe setting though. What is everyone else doing that drives their car to the track? What does everyone run for caster, camber and toe?

In my two previous cars, I could run -2 to -3 camber without significant tire wear, but this car may be different. I plan two run somewhere between 2.5 to 3 when I get my camber plates and 0 toe since that is what eats tires.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
bolecailey said:
In my two previous cars, I could run -2 to -3 camber without significant tire wear, but this car may be different. I plan two run somewhere between 2.5 to 3 when I get my camber plates and 0 toe since that is what eats tires.

Please post if you get more than -2.5 camber without hogging out the strut to get there.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel