The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Alignment unning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monaca Pa
getting car aligned tomorrow and looking for some specs. 16 GT PP running stock wheels for street 255’s front 275’s rear. Trackwheels 19x11 A7 with 305x30 Nitto 01 square. MM camber plates with modified towers for max camber. Rear has BMR toe links and Steeda adjustable camber arms. Thanks

Last edited:

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
At the risk of oversimplifying, I would say get as much negative camber as you can at both ends, zero toe front, I *think* my rear toe is 1/32" in but not positive on that. It seems you can never have too much camber IMHO. I have same car, Ford track suspension, I can only get -2.6 front -2 rear, so far no tire wear issues on track or street, it works really well. But I think more negative camber would be gooder.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
SoCal
I'm not sure if that much neg rear camber is optimal. From what I understand, having too much in the rear can lead to oversteer issues when trying to accelerate through corner exit. I'm currently running -2.3 in the rear.

I've noticed that the Ford specs for rear camber on the GT350R is less than the GT350, though neither is optimal for the track. Is the reason for less neg camber on the R model due to higher rate springs? If so, I run much higher rate springs with my coilover setup and need to work more on what setting is optimal for the track.

Monaca Pa
I guess I will find out on the 22nd lol I was able to stay with the guy doing the alignment and was amazed at how much the toe changed with increase of neg camber.
Thanks for the advice.

TMO Supporting Vendors