Alignment unning

Discussion in 'GT350 and S550 Technical Forum' started by JeffV8, May 7, 2019.

1. JeffV8

JeffV8 TMO Race

getting car aligned tomorrow and looking for some specs. 16 GT PP running stock wheels for street 255’s front 275’s rear. Trackwheels 19x11 A7 with 305x30 Nitto 01 square. MM camber plates with modified towers for max camber. Rear has BMR toe links and Steeda adjustable camber arms. Thanks

Last edited: May 7, 2019
  2. JDee

JDee Ancient Racer

At the risk of oversimplifying, I would say get as much negative camber as you can at both ends, zero toe front, I *think* my rear toe is 1/32" in but not positive on that. It seems you can never have too much camber IMHO. I have same car, Ford track suspension, I can only get -2.6 front -2 rear, so far no tire wear issues on track or street, it works really well. But I think more negative camber would be gooder.

TymeSlayer, Wotfun and JeffV8 like this.
  3. JeffV8

JeffV8 TMO Race

I had them put -3 deg. Camber front and rear.

4. Nvrfinished

Nvrfinished TMO Advanced

I'm not sure if that much neg rear camber is optimal. From what I understand, having too much in the rear can lead to oversteer issues when trying to accelerate through corner exit. I'm currently running -2.3 in the rear.

I've noticed that the Ford specs for rear camber on the GT350R is less than the GT350, though neither is optimal for the track. Is the reason for less neg camber on the R model due to higher rate springs? If so, I run much higher rate springs with my coilover setup and need to work more on what setting is optimal for the track.

5. JeffV8

JeffV8 TMO Race

I guess I will find out on the 22nd lol I was able to stay with the guy doing the alignment and was amazed at how much the toe changed with increase of neg camber.
    Thanks for the advice.

Nvrfinished likes this.
  6. EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG TMO Beginner

To add, with a similar Toe and negative camber setup, I'm running 7 degrees of caster.