The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Alli driveshafts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi guys and happy new year to you all from the UK

Im thinking about getting an alli drive shaft and remember reading on a thread here about taking measurements.

i have a 2013 boss, does this mean that the measurement could be different from car to car, or do i just tell the shop which year car i have.

by the way whats the recommended shaft now?

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
If you don't mind getting one shipped, Dynotech is favored by one of the more reputable race shops here in the US. These run around $800 USD, I'll bet the international shipping would be another $50-100 USD.

If your car is lowered you will very likely need an adjustable upper control arm in the rear to correct the pinion angle; installing a one-piece shaft can exaggerate vibration at speed if the pinion angle isn't correct under load.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
And to answer your question the shaft will be the same fitment for any '11+ Mustang with a V8 and manual transmission, with the exception of the GT500 which uses a different transmission.

I was fixing to pop a possible small group by for the carbon fiber shaft on the forum
Thinking that anyone who is interested could pm for the price as is deep savings

But I'll have to check with the
Forum boss first to get it approved

Sounds interesting , let me know if thats on!

regards lowering im changing to 18" wheels so would that count? (dum ass question)

ian

Sesshomurai

big red one said:
Sounds interesting , let me know if thats on!

regards lowering im changing to 18" wheels so would that count? (dum ass question)

ian

No. Only when the suspension is lowered relative to the drivetrain does the geometry change. Reducing wheel size will lower the overall height of the car, but the suspension geometry remains the same in that case. Not a dum question! A good one.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
I went with a DSS Shaft through Lethal Performance.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/

http://www.driveshaftshop.com/

A 3.5 inch shaft which installed without lowering the exhaust. Should be an easy install for the Spanner Jockeys over there.

Shipping and the shaft was $675.00, Labor day special. Takes about 3-4 weeks before they ship as all shafts are made to order. No measurements required. As mentioned in earlier posts, it's a standard length shaft.

If you want to lose about 3 pounds and $300.00+ you can go with the DSS Carbon Fiber shaft.

Good luck.

i posted some info up in the classified section. i think this gb is going to happen. i have a few interested.
i will have to work on some details like payment options but i think it can be done smoothly.

steve

TMO Supporting Vendors