The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Alonso To Race Le Mans

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fernando is a racer. He wants to experience all the disciplines on the biggest stages.......Indycar, the 500, prototypes, 24 hour endurance races. Wouldn't be surprised if he tries to get in a stocker and do Daytona. I watch F1. Despite the circus and the fact that 6 cars really have the only shot at winning, it draws me in. Alonso has wasted some of the best years of his career with the present McLaren Honda but he has taken it like a racer.....voices his frustration but gets in the car and competes. Hamilton would be crying and blaming and letting the world know his team is to blame. Alonso is the man......I will watch him whenever and wherever he drives.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
First thing I thought about this rumor was how happy Honda would be about him racing a Toyota --- McClaren and Andretti Indy cars are Honda powered.
Terrific for Toyota, not so Happy at Honda , one would think?!

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Fernando is a racer. He wants to experience all the disciplines on the biggest stages.......Indycar, the 500, prototypes, 24 hour endurance races. Wouldn't be surprised if he tries to get in a stocker and do Daytona. I watch F1. Despite the circus and the fact that 6 cars really have the only shot at winning, it draws me in. Alonso has wasted some of the best years of his career with the present McLaren Honda but he has taken it like a racer.....voices his frustration but gets in the car and competes. Hamilton would be crying and blaming and letting the world know his team is to blame. Alonso is the man......I will watch him whenever and wherever he drives.
Couldn't agree more. I would love to see him in a space where he can unleash his potential again.

First thing I thought about this rumor was how happy Honda would be about him racing a Toyota --- McClaren and Andretti Indy cars are Honda powered.
Terrific for Toyota, not so Happy at Honda , one would think?!

I guess with McLaren dumping Honda for Renault next year Alonso is free to jump into the best car he can find. Alonso just wants to be in the show in a car that can win it overall so Toyota is the best shot at LeMans.....if it stays together.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Seat time , seat time. Daytona had to help him begin the acclimatization of an enclosed cockpit and would imagine the long runs at LeMans will be conducive for Fernando to get up to speed. Like Voodoo, I expect him to do quite well!

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Snowy North
He is the man.

Anyone who ever raced with anything on the line could be construed to be “difficult”.

He hopped in that Daytona prototype w/o previous tin top (cf top?) experience... unknown car, track, tires, etc etc... and wrung it’s neck... knowing that he had little chance to win. That is a racer.

One of the few that deserves an autograph request.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel