The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Also thinking of selling her v. life, cars, and happiness

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

As others have said, you know your finances better than we do. If you aren't engaged yet, and are at least 6 months from buying said house, that only leaves a year to pay off the Boss, and then use the monthly towards tracking the car or other expenses you might incur at that point. A paid off Boss is way better than a paid off Miata, and I would think that if you only have a year to go on the Boss when you buy your house and find it necessary to sell then, you would be farther ahead with it than you would even with a paid off Miata.

FWIW, I traded a 98 GT Mustang in 2001 for a 97 Miata when times were tough financially for me and my now ex-wife. Yes I saved in monthly expenses, but I really missed that V8 punch and sound.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
I can kinda relate. I bought my first house 1 year prior to the Boss and got engaged 4 months later and bought the Boss 3 days before my wedding. Now with our move to Cali, I'm trying to find a way to keep all three of our cars, which is tough with the cost of living in Cali. The only one that isn't paid off is the Boss which makes it difficult because that's the only one we are for sure keeping. But my MINI JCW is just as much fun to drive as the Boss because it's so nimble and who doesn't like supercharger whine ;)? The money we would get for the MINI would help offset renting our house out while we live in Cali. It's a tough decision to make but it is just a car. It might not always be easy to remember that, but it is. Go with your heart and remember, wise decisions now can allow you to enjoy life more fully down the road.

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!
Your statements that she is your best friend and she doesn't know what my finances are conflicting. You both should have full disclosure now and throughout your marriage. Lay all the facts on the table and decide together. She sounds like a great gal. Major decisions made together make you stronger as a couple and will allow you to discuss much more difficult ones in the future. Do you trust and value her input? This is a good situation to practice real life with her.

Brian

Re: Re: Also thinking of selling her v. life, cars, and happiness

batman48195 said:
Your statements that she is your best friend and she doesn't know what my finances are conflicting. You both should have full disclosure now and throughout your marriage. Lay all the facts on the table and decide together. She sounds like a great gal. Major decisions made together make you stronger as a couple and will allow you to discuss much more difficult ones in the future. Do you trust and value her input? This is a good situation to practice real life with her.

Brian
What he said!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

TMO Supporting Vendors