The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Aluminum BOSS 302 intake?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just curious about the intake manifold on the red test car in the BOSS 302 video with Parnelli J. Does anyone know if it is made of aluminum?....it sure looks like it is. Love the red/white/blue graphics on it. Wondering if any of these are floating around?

BOSS2664 said:
Just curious about the intake manifold on the red test car in the BOSS 302 video with Parnelli J. Does anyone know if it is made of aluminum?....it sure looks like it is. Love the red/white/blue graphics on it. Wondering if any of these are floating around?

I would say that is unlikely. The point of composite intakes is the complexity of the flow paths and surfacing on the inside. My guess is that it was a rapid prototype piece. Just think of the future when we can print these for ourselves. Revision files can be shared over forums for years after a car is in production. Drool.

Anyway, I don't KNOW that this is the case, but by the time that Parnelli video was shot, it appears to me that they were very far down the road towards a production vehicle. I can't imagine a materials change that late.

There you go, 100% guesswork. ;D

I thought too that the manifold was straight off a daytona prototype?
If so, I always simply assumed that the manifold shown in the video was from a daytona car....thus the different construction.

But anyway, I'm not certain why anyone would want an alloy manifold. The industry moved from alloy to composite over the years because composite can be made in more complex shapes for less cost, and soaks in less heat.

It was a rapid prototype painted silver. It was provided to the guy that bought the 2012 1 of 1 grabber blue boss at Barrett Jackson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
I really need to become better friends with the guys in my work's rapid prototype lab. Just saw some really slick titanium SLA pieces the other day...

Cobra700 said:
Theres this one from MMR 8)

MMR%20coyote%20manifold%20for%20CPR.jpg
That looks cool but I'll take a Cobra Jet intake any day.

Boss0144 said:
It was a rapid prototype painted silver. It was provided to the guy that bought the 2012 1 of 1 grabber blue boss at Barrett Jackson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

link to pic

http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/35-grabber-blue-boss-302-bj.jpg

35-grabber-blue-boss-302-bj.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors