The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Aluminum Diff Bushing Inserts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I just installed aluminum bushings for the cradle and was wondering if anyone has installed the Steeda (or any other brand) aluminum diff bushing inserts? I know NVH is increased but I am reading so many conflicting articles about them. For those of you that track your car what have you done (road coarse)? The car is not an everyday driver so a little NVH is not a big deal. I am just wondering if aluminum is worth it. I would love to hear feedback from those of you that have installed them.

Thanks!

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Snowy North
Done it. NVH is very subjective.

Having said that, and on my scale of 0 to 10, I sense about a "2" increase at idle and low throttle applications. More throttle than that... exhaust and engine resonances dominate...but I have a lot of metal in the rest of the chassis and driveline mounting points as well.

Absolutely not as bad as, for example, C6 Z06. Installed race engine mounts in one of those and it was nearly unbearable except at nearly WOT... not a street car anymore.

TMO Supporting Vendors