The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Am I crazy?.....exhaust Q.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thinking about saying screw it and running long tube headers with off road X pipe and straight pipes coming out the sides in our stock location. After the X pipe I guess I'll need to run oval pipe to the sides for ground clearance? Will oval 3 inch be ok?
She's gonna be loud.....too loud? :eek:

I don't know for sure but I usually sell solid exhaust discs to owners that install LT headers and the car is so loud that they want to block off the side pipes. ;)

Yes, you are crazy ;)

Seriously, though, it all depends what you're after

IMHO, a setup like you're proposing would be too loud, but it really depends on what you like, I guess

With no mufflers or cats and long tube headers with the short exit on side of the car it will sound exactly like a Nascar. Great thunder but not even close to streetable and too loud for most race tracks too. Put a burns stainless on there at least - 3" x 24" sounds about perfect to make it manageable.

Thanks for all the replays. I might try it when I get LT headers and see but will also be prepared to add a cat back lol

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel