The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Am I crazy? I want to sell my 2012 and buy a 2013

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GA
Not crazy as long as you can afford to take a bath on the 2012 and buy the 2013 without blinking. ;)

Aside from the styling changes the 2013 is supposed to have SYNC and upgraded gauges. I know there is more info out on the web if you search.

GA
ArizonaGT said:
Not crazy but I'd be willing to bet you're going to take a $10k hit once the '13s are available...

Yep, when the '13s are revealed I have a feeling it will be MY2010 all over again. ;)

I personally love my Yellow Blaze, and the fact that YB is no longer offered is reason enough for me to not to get a 2013. Like the others said, if you have the money to do it, and you want it, then go for it. We're told it's going to look more like a Shelby, which I love that design. I also love the current design on our 2012 Mustang, so that wouldn't be enough for me to make the jump either. If you want Sync, maybe that'a a consideration for you. I for one wouldn't want it because my Boss is not my Daily Driver. Looks like the only thing they're adding that I would want are the HID's. Most importantly, looks like drivetrain/performance will remain unchanged. In the end, looks like you'll have to weigh the options, literally.

I am waiting for three cars to come out before I decide what I want.

2013 Boss

2013 GT500

and dare I say the new ZL1 Camaro, although this list is my order of preference as I have already owned three Mustangs in my life and I am pretty fond of the original pony car.....

No, you are not crazy. I have actually seen the 2013 Boss and can tell you there is significant visual differences. As far as the track apps and sync I can only say that it is technology and this changes in minutes as to what is cool, working at all or not cool so the tech would not be the reason for me to buy.

HID's on the other hand and a better design might. An updated drive train (not happening) definetly would.

I will stay with my 2012 because I like the Competition Orange. The 2013 school bus yellow Laguna Seca is very tempting though.

Hey boss 2012, what are the significant visual differences? I'll bet you can't tell us the specific significant visual differences.

gt500 styled front end (nose, fascia and hood brought to front of bumper area), HID headlights, hood has left and right heat extractor slots (not scoop), mirror redesign(LS in charcoal trim not painted bright red), tail end redesign with LED frame around tri bar LED tail lights, hockey stick 302 stripe, plus many small details and upgrade on electronics inside to include Sync but did not see but heard about track app with 4.2 inch gauge display

bullseye said:
when will the 2013's be available to place orders?
Mid November and my guesstimate is Nov. 18th.

thanks.

This struggle between the 13 Boss and 13 GT500 has been tough. But I guess a guy could have worse problems eh?

boss2012 said:
gt500 styled front end (nose, fascia and hood brought to front of bumper area), HID headlights, hood has left and right heat extractor slots (not scoop), mirror redesign(LS in charcoal trim not painted bright red), tail end redesign with LED frame around tri bar LED tail lights, hockey stick 302 stripe, plus many small details and upgrade on electronics inside to include Sync but did not see but heard about track app with 4.2 inch gauge display
There's that hood thing again...... Going to have to decide which way to go on this...Tiger hood or 2013 stock hood. A TSB for us track rats sounds in order ;) Or hail damage to my current hood :D

hood has left and right heat extractor slots (not scoop)I would have loved this on my 2012 - and perhaps would have been very helpful to those who had any type of cooling issues. I'd love to add to mine both because it is very functional and also because I'm sure it looks cool as heck.
But, as I have had zero issues with temp and cooling, I'm probably going to leave my hood as came from the factory.

Looking forward to pics when they are available - sounds like early Nov from posts here.

just to raise the ante a little, the car I did not see but only heard about was the 2013 GT500, sure styling will follow other stangs but engine will be a 5.8l supercharged with somewhere north of 650 for horsepower. now that is a substantial upgrade in drivetrain that might make me consider a change if the rest of the car is upgraded to handle getting it to the road

TMO Supporting Vendors