The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Am I running too hot?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have a track pack with 4,400 miles, just back from the service where they fixed the drive mode selection unavailable.

Drove about 15 miles on the highway and then 10 miles on back roads, mostly in 2nd gear at 5k and over RPM, and some in 3 gear, at lower revs.

External temp was 80 deg. Isn't the read below way too hot? That's hotter than when I went to Palmer raceway.

74c049057591a42c12aece53cfe46387.jpg

That seems hot to me. I saw mid 220's on track running between 7-8000 rpm's.

I would keep an eye on it and check with Ford to see if those numbers are OK. I might (would) put the spurs to it to see where the temps go. Best to know before the warranty expires. It goes without saying that you kinda need to be discreet where this is done. At best, second gear gets you a fat fine. Third could put you in the pokey.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Unless you were hammering at 7500 to 8250 for those 25 miles then yes those temps are too high. limp mode kicks in at 244 CHT and 295 Oil temp on my GT so you aren't overheating but are close with CHT and on track it will come into play at high rpm.
Steve

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel