The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

American Muscle GT500 Style spoiler installed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
I got this on last night. looks great and the paint job was spot on. I bought it from them prepainted. followed the customer supplied instructions from their web site and the fishing line trick worked well to remove the stock wing.
sorry for the phone pics and the weather but its what I got to work with lol
1235439_647109455321629_1885892401_n.jpg

1005844_647109501988291_748977436_n.jpg

Justin

byronj said:
Did you have to do any drilling into the trunk or was it pretty much a bolt on?
used the factory holes no drilling. hardest part was getting the remaining double sided tape off the trunk lid.

Justin

2012Boss302 said:
Does this spoiler actually provide any down force?? If it does does it work with the front splitter??

Car looks good BTW... :D
dont know I bought it for looks. I don't track my boss so I didn't look into that. I would think it would be near what an actual gt500 spoiler makes for down force

Justin

302BOB said:
Looks like black is out of stock at the moment...Justin, install is easy?
black must be popular it was in and out of stock when I was eyeing it. I just signed up to be notified when it was in stock.

The install was pretty straight forward give the customer submitted instructions a look. If you follow those like I did the hardest part is getting the old tape off.

RE: Downforce.

That piece must be adding a decent amount of downforce.
Ford did a lot of aero testing for the Shelby specifically because it was a 200mph car. Tests were done in that giant oval in Italy. I'd be surprised if it didnt put out more downforce than the LS wing (which IIRC was 75lbs at 140mph??)

boro92 said:
RE: Downforce.

That piece must be adding a decent amount of downforce.
Ford did a lot of aero testing for the Shelby specifically because it was a 200mph car. Tests were done in that giant oval in Italy. I'd be surprised if it didnt put out more downforce than the LS wing (which IIRC was 75lbs at 140mph??)
The LS wing has slightly more downforce and was designed as part of the Boss 302 program. It's probably not enough for most of us to tell a difference but it's more. The GT500 spoiler was designed way before the car ever had 200 MPH capability. It's rumored that originally Ford was going to offer different sized Gurney flaps to change the downforce for specific tracks but that never came to fruition.

Looking good Justin.

TMO Supporting Vendors