The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Anonymous Poll - What was your final "Winter Mod" Budget

Spring is around the corner - what was your final "Winter Mod" spend ?

• Over $2500

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • $500 to $2500

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • $101 to $500

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • $1 to $100

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • $0 - I won't admit to anything !

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
I thought it would be cool to see just how crazy we all are with a car that is 'Track Ready'. No need to add comments on who actually spent what, we don't need any of us in the doghouse if someone's wife has a login to the forum ! ;D

(Gary - you stick out like a sore thumb so there's no hiding for you. Or me for that matter.)

Well a budget and what I actually spent are two different things. ;) I haven't voted yet but I'm sure I spent a lot less than many of you since I'm pacing myself. :D

PeteInCT

Connecticut
"Budget" means spent. My budget (traditional definition) was $0.00, at least officially - ask the Mrs. ;D

PeteInCT

Connecticut
5 DOT 0 said:
Well a budget and what I actually spent are two different things. ;) I haven't voted yet but I'm sure I spent a lot less than many of you since I'm pacing myself. :D

Are you going to submit a spreadsheet once you figured it out? Then again I bet you have one already ! ;D I don't do that, too much evidence. I burn the invoices in the fireplace too....

PeteInCT said:
5 DOT 0 said:

Are you going to submit a spreadsheet once you figured it out? Then again I bet you have one already ! ;D I don't do that, too much evidence. I burn the invoices in the fireplace too....
Hey I have a spreadsheet for everything. I don't even know how to use Word. :eek:

Ok I voted. When I purchased my Boss I had a large mod budget but I've since doubled it so I don't go over....this year. ;D

I am a MPLS, MN native and bought mine Thanksgiving 2011, Black Friday. Its been parked in my heated garage since then, driving me nuts #2254 competition orange, blk stripes.

Good to talk with others helps the withdrawls.

PeteInCT

Connecticut
2012YellowBoss said:
Those numbers are kinda low, where is the 5K and 10K :eek: ::)

I hear you, I really needed more options on the form. If we get a lot in the top group I'll put up another poll ! ;D

5 DOT 0 said:
If you create another poll please include "I should have purchased a 302S" option for Gary. ;D
Just got back from seeing a client......in my Boss.......can't happen in a 302S so I made the right choice. Best of both worlds! ;D

drano38

Wayne
Where is the standard "It depends" choice? ;)

It depends on if my trailer counts. If yes, I'm off the top. If not (and we don't count consumables like rotors, pads, tires), I'm in much better shape. ;D
And if you're counting my new 30x44 foot garage, well, the choices are nowhere near high enough!

I'll join Rick with the spreadsheet. Gotta add up how much fun I'm having!

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
My list
Sparco Circuit plus seat
Sparco 6 point harnesses
Cool Tech roll bar
Ford Racing air to oil cooler
Carbon fiber decklid
Steeda tubular radiator support
AMR RTR wheels
RTR aluminum rear spoiler
Tiger racing Fiberglas 302S hood
Spare takeoff front bumper cover
Motul RBF brake fluid
Paint work
Rear seat delete kit

Steve

steveespo said:
My list
Sparco Circuit plus seat
Sparco 6 point harnesses
Cool Tech roll bar
Ford Racing air to oil cooler
Carbon fiber decklid
Steeda tubular radiator support
AMR RTR wheels
RTR aluminum rear spoiler
Tiger racing Fiberglas 302S hood
Spare takeoff front bumper cover
Motul RBF brake fluid
Paint work
Rear seat delete kit

Steve
You win :D Pete also needs another category ;)

I just thought about it and I think my list is longer than I thought.... :'(
MM Rroll Bar
Rear Seat Delete Kit
Sparco Evo seat
Crow Harnesses
Safecraft Fire Extinguisher
Brey-Krause Extinguisher Mount
HANS device
TracKey
Rehagen Tow Hooks
Tiger Racing Hood
FRPP Air-To-Oil Cooler