The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Another Boss 302 owner who LOVES HIS CAR!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Great story Ben. I love reading those because it validates the price I pay in gas each week. The first thing I did was give a few guys at work a ride at lunch and I had a guy who owns a BMW who said he could beat me and that we would have to drag. After he rode with me he said there was no need to drag. Also the guy in the front seat was yelling for me to slow down and I was only in 3rd. It is funny how a lot of people will nit pick the Boss until they take a ride and then they are speechless.

98RedGT

2012 #552
Great post, always been a Mustang fan myself and only have a 98 GT to compare the Boss to. I know not much of a comparison but the Boss is unlike any other car (muscle or other) I have ever driven and it's worth every penny I spent on it.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Hambone said:
Also the guy in the front seat was yelling for me to slow down and I was only in 3rd. It is funny how a lot of people will nit pick the Boss until they take a ride and then they are speechless.
I am with you on that one.

MA
Nice post Ben, thanks for sharing!

Now, you know you shouldn't street race. Its illegal, and dangerous, and blah, blah, blah. Hey, just kidding. Sounds like you are the same as the rest of us, just a responsible adult enjoying himself in a 'controlled' environment. That and it sounds like your a cop, lol.

I drove a Challenger before I bought my Boss. I've always loved the styling of them, and I really like the motors. Since I drive a 3/4 ton pickup all day at work, I had to pass on the Challenger. It honestly felt huge, like a truck. Not fun to drive in the least bit. Just a huge hulk of a car. Crappy visability, hideous interior, just not my style. Getting into my 2011 GT after was like getting into a tiny Fox Body Mustang. There is absolutely no comparison of a Challenger to even a regular Mustang GT, let alone a Boss 302. I would never venture to drive a new Camaro. Not even slightly curious on that one. Too big and heavy like the Challenger and its a Chevrolet.

All in all, there is only one car worth comparing the Boss 302 with: BMW M3, and Ford has already proven which is the better car there. I'm curious to see how the new generation M3 does against the Boss.

SVT1;

I enjoyed my 2010 GT, it was "quick as hell" but not a Boss! LOL As for being a Cop (I think the correct term today is "Law Enforcement Official") whatever gave you that idea!!!! ;D

Ben

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!
Benjammin1829 said:
batman48195 said:
Great post Ben! Thanks for sharing. I am 51 so I know what you're feeling. I remember all the cool cars in the late 60's and early 70's that seemed to be everywhere. My 13 Boss has been built and I am just waiting for delivery! I am looking forward to the smile that just won't go away.

Brian

Brian;

My Mom had a 1974 Orange Road Runner, and I though she was the greatest Mom in the WORLD!!! LOL My Dad had a 1972 Mach 1 and I was always bragging to the kids at school how "hip" my parents were! LMAO!!! I feel in love with my Dad's Mustang because he let me sit in it and help change the oil. My Mom wouldn't allow me near here car! LOL

Ben

Ben,
My parents didn't have cool cars, but my dad was a business manager at a Ford dealer in Dearborn. I remember going to the new car introductions that they did in October. They had all the new cars in the service department and show room and served apple cider and donuts. Looking at those cars was such a treat. My dad would take me to work and have me "help" him and as a treat I would get to buy a minature car from the parts department that they sold of the new models (I wish I kept them lol). Fun times! My older brother bought a 1970 Boss 302 in yellow in 1975 and redid it as he bought it from the insurance company after someone stole it and wrecked it. He would be racing around and I would be hanging on for dear life. Ha! I remember how he would just change lanes and the car would not lean as it would dart around, but we would lean. no recaros back then. Good times!

TMO Supporting Vendors