The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Another Boss 302 owner who LOVES HIS CAR!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey All...

I think this is my first post here on the site and I wanted to say I really enjoy reading all the information from you folks, it makes me proud to own this car! I had a 2010 Black GT premium that I "hooked up" (all the basic mods to keep me from not being totally blown away by the Camaro and M3)and really enjoyed the car. But I always wanted the Boss 302 when it was announced and I waited, and waited and waited until I could get the car at the price I could afford! And boy am I glad! This has to be the BEST car I have ever own, and I kid you not, I didn't expect to enjoy the car THIS much!!!!

Anyway, I'm in Bowie, MD a suburb of Washington DC, and there are TONS of BMW M3's Camaros, Challengers, and of course Chargers in my area! When I had my GT, of course I would get the usual, "that's not a 5.0 is it"? And the smirk to follow. When I would be on Route 50 headed towards Annapolis, I could count on either a Camaro or a M3 pull beside me and the driver give me the "look". It's all in fun I know, and after ALWAYS considering safety first, (I never initiated any over the speed limit runs in mild to heavy traffic) I would see if my GT could run with the "so called big boys"! I was always close, but ultimately I would have my butt handed to me. This went on for about 3 years...

Now that I have the C/O Boss 302 (#2759) when I'm on Route 50, the SAME Camaro's, M3's, Chargers and Challengers, seem to want to maintain the 65 mph speed limit! :) Even when I pull beside them (like they use to do to me), I get the "nod" or the "nice car speal" that you can't hear at 65 mph so you just smile and mouth the word "thanks"! :D

My neighbor (sort of, he lives in the next development over from me but for this thread I will say "neighbor"), who is a middle age guy like me (I'm 50) owns a 2011 Camaro SS and he has done a great job with the mods and the overall up keep of the car. He had to see if all the "hype" about the Boss 302 was legit. ;D

This past Saturday morning (early) it was kind of overcast, but nice; he and I decided to do our weekend driving routes. There are a bunch of "older guys" who like to drive their cars on the back roads of PG County, AA County and Howard County, MD before the mall shoppers invade the streets. Taking my "neighbor" out on one of our back roads this weekend was one of the best driving experiences I have ever had. Mind you, I'm not a track guy, I probably will never take my Boss on a track. I have been in TONS of high speed chases in my younger days (I'm one of the good guys-;)) so driving at a pretty good clip is sort of relaxing for me.

But seeing that Camaro in my rear view mirror getting smaller and smaller, and me having to hit the brake pedals time and time again so that he could keep up was PRICELESS!!!!! Of course the excuse was...

...Your car was built for this type of driving, so we took it to Route 50, where I had to; as Forrest Gump would say..."I had to hit my brake pedal AGAINNN" so he could keep up!!! LMAO

What a joy it was to SPANK his AZZ on an open road (again no traffic and we were not racing just some spirited driving amongst "middle aged men") in a Camaro SS with ALL of the updated modifications, dynoed at 455 rwhp the latest brake pads, carbon fiber axel, the Speed Racer motor kit (ok I'm getting a bit giddy but you get my point) :D

When we got to Starbucks, my "neighbor" had the "nerve" to say that I modified my engine!!!! His entire argument was that there was no way I should have been pulling away from him on the "straight aways", and he should have been able to at "least stay close to me" (his words not mine) on the "twisty" roads! At first I refused to open the hood just to make him think he was right! LOL But after see/hearing him think he was right about the engine, I opened the hood and showed him my NON-Modified 302 engine!!! I haven't done ANYTHING to my Boss, geez, I haven't even done the Track Key mod yet!

Oh snap...

I forgot about that! (The Track Key)

The "Neighbor and another driver at the Starbucks (he owns a Challenger STR8) both accused me of using the Track Key application! LMAO I pulled the standard key from my jacket pocket and they both "advised" me that the standard key could be used for the Track key at anytime! LOL After about 10 minutes of back and forth banter, they believed me (I asked a lady who was at the shop if she could pull up You Tube on her IPAD and we went to the video with the Ford guy talking about how to use the Track key) and just had to accept that my Boss was actually a really nice car! ;D

Hey All-

Sorry for this long story, but I gotta say I love my Boss 302, and it is so much fun to read all of your post and information on the car. I hope in the near furture I will be able to contribute at least 10% of the data you folks contribute, and hopefully help the next guy/gal with a question about thier Boss!

Have a great day, and get out there and drive your Boss 302 and smile at the Camaro/M3/Charger/Challenger SRT8 next to you knowing you spent less, and can have tons more fun doing it!

Ben

Ben, great post! I agree with you on the Boss. I am a Mustang nut and own different flavors. Out of all my Mustangs, I think the Boss has it all. Each of the vehicles has their own personality and I love them all ------ but I LOVE my Boss!. I know where you are coming from.......

BosTXB;

Thanks! I'm really a conservative guy, and not the Rahh Rahh type! LOL But I swear I think about getting off duty, going home taking care of the "mutt" getting a quick workout in and THEN treating myself to a drive! INSANE!!!! LMAO But true...

...Even my wife laughs at me! She said I'm acting like a high school kid! ;D

Ben

Benjammin1829 said:
But seeing that Camaro in my rear view mirror getting smaller and smaller, and me having to hit the brake pedals time and time again so that he could keep up was PRICELESS!!!!! Of course the excuse was...

...Your car was built for this type of driving, so we took it to Route 50, where I had to; as Forrest Gump would say..."I had to hit my brake pedal AGAINNN" so he could keep up!!! LMAO
LMAO, you should have responded with something like "what was your Camaro built for, waxing?" ;D

Cool story but it's incomplete without a couple of photos. Welcome to BMO.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
great post. I know how you feel. my cousin drove mine this weekend. he has a 2012 GT and he said its night and day different how the cars drive and handle.

I hope to hear more stories like this one from you :)

5 Dot 0

I tried to post some pictures here, but it said files full or something to that effect...

...Not sure what that meant! LOL

We all feel your love, Ben that is a great read thanks for sharing. This past week I gave a employe a ride in my Boss, he was shaking for a couple of hours, this is all he could talk about this morning to the other guys.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
KYBOSSLS said:
We all feel your love, Ben that is a great read thanks for sharing. This past week I gave a employe a ride in my Boss, he was shaking for a couple of hours, this is all he could talk about this morning to the other guys.
Nice

Here is a video of me cleaning off a Camaro SS in my SHO. I left early on him but still had a quicker ET. In fact I have yet to get beat by a Camaro at the Test N Tune nights. They will be in big trouble once I show up in a 13 BOSS with MT's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b81W9YsBY4

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!
Great post Ben! Thanks for sharing. I am 51 so I know what you're feeling. I remember all the cool cars in the late 60's and early 70's that seemed to be everywhere. My 13 Boss has been built and I am just waiting for delivery! I am looking forward to the smile that just won't go away.

Brian

Regalt87;

Sorry, I got carried away with explaining why I love my Boss! I promise to keep the next posts to 1 paragraph! LOL

Ben

batman48195 said:
Great post Ben! Thanks for sharing. I am 51 so I know what you're feeling. I remember all the cool cars in the late 60's and early 70's that seemed to be everywhere. My 13 Boss has been built and I am just waiting for delivery! I am looking forward to the smile that just won't go away.

Brian

Brian;

My Mom had a 1974 Orange Road Runner, and I though she was the greatest Mom in the WORLD!!! LOL My Dad had a 1972 Mach 1 and I was always bragging to the kids at school how "hip" my parents were! LMAO!!! I feel in love with my Dad's Mustang because he let me sit in it and help change the oil. My Mom wouldn't allow me near here car! LOL

Ben

TMO Supporting Vendors