The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Another Boss for the pack

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John,
Awesome new Boss! Stay strong mentally, positive, and keep smiling. You have many wishing and praying for your recovery.

Happy New Year John! You have an awesome family who seems to really care and go out of their way to get you back in the boss. I wish you the best to a full recovery!!! It looks to me from what I can tell looking at the picture it has put a smile on your face. Good luck my friend!

p.s. I hope that puppy has traction control because it looks mighty fast. ;D

jneary said:
I bought and restored my first Boss to fulfill a desire to own a piece of American racing history back in 1987 that I knew would be unobtainable if I waited too long to purchase one. I was right given the crazy price escalation that was to occur in the late 1980's and into the 1990's.

When I was stricken with cancer in 2010 and had to give up restoring old cars, which is one of my passions, my wife decided that maybe a new Boss to play with was in order and that is how I ended up with a 2013 GHIG. We call this car, the "Anti Depression Chamber" since a smile immediately breaks out on your face when you get in it! This last year has been a very bad year for me physically to the point where the disease has started to make me lose the desire to want to take the new Boss out on the track since I no longer trust my responses. So, the Bosses mostly get driven to the market and around town rather than jammin down the highway. My plan is for this to change soon as I go through treatment and get back in the saddle.

The latest setback though has been that the disease has affected my hip joints and I am in the process of going through radiation to deal with the spread of the disease to my hips which makes it difficult to walk. I have been using a walker and cane for several weeks now...

Anyone who has used one of these contraptions knows that they SUCK!I had to completely re-design the wheel and cable assembly on the first one that they brought in as it kept hooking on stuff around my house and I almost tripped a few times (Sorry, I still have a lead foot!). This was still unacceptable. It also lacked the class and look of my regular steed locked in my garage. I talked about painting it GHIG to keep my mind busy as a joke with my wife but that just caused her mind to start spinning.

So, just before Christmas, the coolest, most awesome new member of the Boss family appeared on my front porch waiting to haul me off to treatment!!!! This model, like the 2013 that it was modeled after, has all of the carefully crafted features that Ford would most certainly approve of! Classic GHIG Color, High performance braking system (believe me, this is needed!), Completely re-designed wheel system with quiet and smooth bearing systems, chassis stiffening side panels with hockey stripe BOSS stripes, Reflective side stripes for those night time high speed walks, Color keyed wheels with black and silver striped rims, Cup holder which can be converted to oil separator holder once power plant is selected, Clear Bra protected cross bars, Mustang 50th anniversary badging... and the list goes on.

I am posting this here (which you can certainly move to a different area if need be) because it is Boss related and it shows not just how awesome Mustang people can be but how amazing my true friends have been through supporting me through battling this disease, ESPECIALLY MY WIFE who is not only my caregiver, but also makes enough time to plan craziness like this to put smiles on my face even though it is really really hard to smile at times. My suggestion to anyone fighting disease, surround yourself with loving people and as hard as it is sometimes, keep smiling!

Thanks Chuck, Linda, Chris, everyone who it took to get this thing moved half way across California and most of all, my wife Kelly who puts up with a lot of ME which can really SUCK sometimes!

John

wlk7.jpg

wlk2.jpg

wlk5.jpg

wlk3.jpg

wlk6.jpg
I wish you the best in your recovery and prayers are with you. God bless.

MGCurry

2013 Boss 302 #1548 SBY
rock on man, get better...

jneary said:
I bought and restored my first Boss to fulfill a desire to own a piece of American racing history back in 1987 that I knew would be unobtainable if I waited too long to purchase one. I was right given the crazy price escalation that was to occur in the late 1980's and into the 1990's.

When I was stricken with cancer in 2010 and had to give up restoring old cars, which is one of my passions, my wife decided that maybe a new Boss to play with was in order and that is how I ended up with a 2013 GHIG. We call this car, the "Anti Depression Chamber" since a smile immediately breaks out on your face when you get in it! This last year has been a very bad year for me physically to the point where the disease has started to make me lose the desire to want to take the new Boss out on the track since I no longer trust my responses. So, the Bosses mostly get driven to the market and around town rather than jammin down the highway. My plan is for this to change soon as I go through treatment and get back in the saddle.

The latest setback though has been that the disease has affected my hip joints and I am in the process of going through radiation to deal with the spread of the disease to my hips which makes it difficult to walk. I have been using a walker and cane for several weeks now...

Anyone who has used one of these contraptions knows that they SUCK!I had to completely re-design the wheel and cable assembly on the first one that they brought in as it kept hooking on stuff around my house and I almost tripped a few times (Sorry, I still have a lead foot!). This was still unacceptable. It also lacked the class and look of my regular steed locked in my garage. I talked about painting it GHIG to keep my mind busy as a joke with my wife but that just caused her mind to start spinning.

So, just before Christmas, the coolest, most awesome new member of the Boss family appeared on my front porch waiting to haul me off to treatment!!!! This model, like the 2013 that it was modeled after, has all of the carefully crafted features that Ford would most certainly approve of! Classic GHIG Color, High performance braking system (believe me, this is needed!), Completely re-designed wheel system with quiet and smooth bearing systems, chassis stiffening side panels with hockey stripe BOSS stripes, Reflective side stripes for those night time high speed walks, Color keyed wheels with black and silver striped rims, Cup holder which can be converted to oil separator holder once power plant is selected, Clear Bra protected cross bars, Mustang 50th anniversary badging... and the list goes on.

I am posting this here (which you can certainly move to a different area if need be) because it is Boss related and it shows not just how awesome Mustang people can be but how amazing my true friends have been through supporting me through battling this disease, ESPECIALLY MY WIFE who is not only my caregiver, but also makes enough time to plan craziness like this to put smiles on my face even though it is really really hard to smile at times. My suggestion to anyone fighting disease, surround yourself with loving people and as hard as it is sometimes, keep smiling!

Thanks Chuck, Linda, Chris, everyone who it took to get this thing moved half way across California and most of all, my wife Kelly who puts up with a lot of ME which can really SUCK sometimes!

John

wlk7.jpg

wlk2.jpg

wlk5.jpg

wlk3.jpg

wlk6.jpg

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
jneary said:
Thanks guys for all of the prayers and thoughts. I have been fighting this disease for exactly five years now (Diagnosed in January 2010) and have mostly been living with it since then with some really yucky treatments intermixed. I do not want to stick this depressing thread in hear and make it linger but I want to say one more thing before getting back to the point which is to enjoy these cars... Please make a new years resolution to take time out every single day (even 5 seconds) to be thankful for what and who you have in your life and acknowledge it loudly.

OK, and now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

John

Excellent advise John, my thoughts are with you and your family. May you persevere in your battle.

Prayers to you sir and to your loving Wife for a speedy recovery.

That thing is AWESOME by the way. How does it corner? Looks like you are running a square setup there! 8)

John: May your treatments provide a 444 HP kick in the a** to your cancer. In awe of your spirit and your terrific family and friends. Your 2 Boss' aren't slouches either. Happy, healthy new year.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Dear Kelly:

Our sincere and heart felt condolences to you and your family on the passing of your husband John. From reading his post, you are an amazing wife who brought him true happiness and comfort during his long battle.

May God bless you,

Dave

My condolences to the family. I did not know him, but from his various posts, he seemed like a great guy.

RIP

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
jneary said:
Thanks guys for all of the prayers and thoughts. I have been fighting this disease for exactly five years now (Diagnosed in January 2010) and have mostly been living with it since then with some really yucky treatments intermixed. I do not want to stick this depressing thread in hear and make it linger but I want to say one more thing before getting back to the point which is to enjoy these cars... Please make a new years resolution to take time out every single day (even 5 seconds) to be thankful for what and who you have in your life and acknowledge it loudly.

OK, and now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

John

Thank you for that reminder John to all of us even after you are gone. I will be better at doing this. Life can get so busy and we ofter forget all that we truly have. RIP brother.

TMO Supporting Vendors