The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Another Boss versus GT500 article

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2012/09/life-with-shelby-part-one-a-thousand-street-miles-and-a-meeting-of-the-siblings/

Sesshomurai

That guy was my instructor at VIR TrackDaze last month! lol

I road shotgun in that shelby.....

btw, Jack is a great instructor.

Just looking over the article quickly, he seems to make the Boss driver a jerk and uninformed, as he sneers at the lack of adjustable suspension ::)

Also, the 20k difference in price is a little unrealistic at least out here. 20k in MSRP, but you can get a Boss (non LS) for MSRP while a 12 Shelby will have 20k markup as a leftover. I don't know how much the markup on the 13 is as I have not shopped for one, but my friend who has bought like 8 Fords from the same salesman at the same dealer (including a few GT500s, Boss, Roush and just bought a Raptor) had to pay like 10k markup on his 13. So I'm guessing for the normal buyer it is considerably more. So what 85k street price? That is almost a 2nd Boss just in the difference in price. Maybe it is worth it, I haven't driven his car yet, but comparing MSRP on cars like these doesn't really give an accurate comparison.

Did the prices of Shelbys go up because he died? Why would there be a 20k markup on a leftover 2012?

CaliMR said:
Just looking over the article quickly, he seems to make the Boss driver a jerk and uninformed, as he sneers at the lack of adjustable suspension ::)

Also, the 20k difference in price is a little unrealistic at least out here. 20k in MSRP, but you can get a Boss (non LS) for MSRP while a 12 Shelby will have 20k markup as a leftover. I don't know how much the markup on the 13 is as I have not shopped for one, but my friend who has bought like 8 Fords from the same salesman at the same dealer (including a few GT500s, Boss, Roush and just bought a Raptor) had to pay like 10k markup on his 13. So I'm guessing for the normal buyer it is considerably more. So what 85k street price? That is almost a 2nd Boss just in the difference in price. Maybe it is worth it, I haven't driven his car yet, but comparing MSRP on cars like these doesn't really give an accurate comparison.

Because California. There was 30k on a lot of them when they were current, depending on the dealership. I offered MSRP on an 11 6 months after the 12s were out and was basically told to gtfo.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel