The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Another cheap brake cooling duct block-off fix

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I tried to block off by brake ducts using the rubber pipe caps I have seen mentioned by others on this site. Unfortunately the 1.5" and 2.0" caps were both too small, probably because I cut material out of the duct opening. But I found a simple and cheap fix......black foam balls. Soft enough to compress but they expand to stay in place.....hopefully. Will know more after I drive around. Had a hell of a time finding black foam balls that would do the trick......who knew.

http://www.zoro.com/search?q=foam+ball

IMG_0190_zpsmdokkqbg.jpg
IMG_0191_zpsjlqospdg.jpg

What size foam balls did you use?

I used the 2.75" balls and they fit well. I could have used the 3.5" and it would have been really snug. The ducts are blocked for bedding the race pads and for street driving or driving to the track when I don't need to cool the brakes and would rather they get some heat in them to actually work, although I am sure they would do the job cold.

TMO Supporting Vendors