The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Another man down

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bummer.

New-Shelby-Gt350-White-Wrecked-2.jpg

New-Shelby-Gt350-White-Wrecked-1.jpg

New-Shelby-Gt350-White-Wrecked-3.jpg

VoodooBOSS said:
I would think any car taking a hit like that is going to break an aluminum wheel. It's not like you're going to drive it home like that. ;)
I disagree. the body damage is not that great. also for a wheel to be missing I would expect to see way more front end damage under the car. Rotor and hub still look straight. If the impact was to the wheel there would be way more damage to the front fender area23. Just the bumper cover is missing. We all know how easy they come off. If a curb did that. I would expect to see the rotor and hub pushed way back or tilted in or out.
IMO the damage to the car does not support the wheel being ripped off at the hub and spokes. I would not expect to see this with only this type of body damage. I could be wrong. I just don't like the way it looks.
I guess what I'm trying to say is the wheel looks to have a very weak point at the spokes and hub area and I would not expect to see this happen.
On the flip side...I do like those wheels a lot. They fit the car well

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
The front fender is sitting noticeably higher then the door-look at the way the creases line up on the fender vs. the creases on the door.

The fender was pushed up-hard.

Racerpilotalan said:
The rear window is missing. Did it pop out in the impact? Was the car vandalized?
Odd, I grew up in body shops. This looks odd. But, odd stuff happens.
Good point on the window. the second car being towed is also missing the rear window..
Maybe joy riding frenzy. When they got done they vandalized the cars. If these two cars were together.

Definitely looks like it went into something hard sideways, that might have stressed the rear glass enough to shatter it, wonder if the side curtain airbag might have contributed as well. Must have saw a big crowd leaving a cars and coffee and goosed the throttle.

straightliner1 said:
Looks like someone slid off the road and put it into a ditch based on driver side damage and lack of nose damage.

Dibs on the brakes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shameless plug, I have a set of non-crashed GT350 calipers I might be interested in lettin ggo ;D

krt22 said:
Definitely looks like it went into something hard sideways, that might have stressed the rear glass enough to shatter it, wonder if the side curtain airbag might have contributed as well. Must have saw a big crowd leaving a cars and coffee and goosed the throttle.

Shameless plug, I have a set of non-crashed GT350 calipers I might be interested in lettin ggo ;D
Non-Crashed calipers in the same sentence as Shameless Plug.
Hum!

TMO Supporting Vendors