The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Another mare joins the herd

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boss Lady

L Driver and guys you now have another soon to be lady BOSS owner joining the herd courtesy of 5 DOT 0 pointing me this direction from another forum. I currently have a 2010 GT premium that I use as a daily driver and for autocross and HPDE events.

I'm really looking forward to taking delivery of my Race Red BOSS and am scheduled to hit the track with it at Texas Motorsport Ranch on July 30-31. Delivery should be soon, since it was due at the dealer on May 7 but has apparently been sitting waiting on a train ride. They say it is now on the way but how long it will take to find it's way to West Texas is still a mystery.

I've already told the dealer I want the TracKey PCM. My husband has agreed to spring for the plane tickets so I can attend the Track Attack School in Utah. My oldest brother had a 69 BOSS that he would drag race, so getting this car is a real blast from the past. We also own 2 Corvettes and several members in the Corvette Club that also do NASA track events are anxiously awaiting it's arrival so we can hit the track, especially after I get the TracKey PCM installed.

I am so stoked right now that I think I'm driving my salesman nuts! ;D

Welcome, I'm glad you made it over here. Did you order black or white stripes? Hopefully your Boss arrives soon so you can hit the track.

BossMan

Congrats Boss Lady! I am looking forward to track attack in Utah as well. Enjoy your Boss.

Boss Lady

It has black stripes and the Recaro sport seats. Now we're trying to decide on tires and wheels for the track. Wish the NT05s came in the needed size because we really like them on our vette, but looks like I may have to drop down to 18" and run the NT555R II Extremes.

What kind of Vette do you have? I just got back from the track with some friends that drive C6 Z06s which is pretty hard to keep up with in a Mustang. I usually harrass them pretty well though to keep it interesting. A couple of them were running Michelin slicks and running a good 2-3 seconds faster than they were on r-comps. I'm looking at some Hoosier slicks to potentially replace my 555RIIs that I corded. They're so expensive, but if they last twice as long it's worth it. I just don't know if they'll last a lot longer than the DOT tires on a 3600 lbs Mustang or not.

Boss Lady

2012Boss said:
Boss Lady, welcome and enjot the new Boss. When you get it please let me know the build number so I can add it to a registry list we are keeping.

OK, but where do I find the build number?

Boss Lady

cloud9 said:
What kind of Vette do you have? I just got back from the track with some friends that drive C6 Z06s which is pretty hard to keep up with in a Mustang. I usually harrass them pretty well though to keep it interesting. A couple of them were running Michelin slicks and running a good 2-3 seconds faster than they were on r-comps. I'm looking at some Hoosier slicks to potentially replace my 555RIIs that I corded. They're so expensive, but if they last twice as long it's worth it. I just don't know if they'll last a lot longer than the DOT tires on a 3600 lbs Mustang or not.

We have 2 vettes, one is a limited edition that we use for cruising and shows. The one we just started tracking is a 2000 Bowling Green Metallic Coupe with an automatic. I know an automatic on the road course isn't the greatest, but we compromised. He does HPDE with it and I plan to start running it at our local 1/8 mile drag strip once we get all the bugs out. The engine is stock but we've added a dewitt aluminum radiator with oil and transmission cooler, larger transmission pan that adds 4 quarts, LG headers w/ 3" exhaust front to rear, and Z06 sway bars front/rear with Bilsteen performance shocks. Sucker runs like a scalded dog down the straights at TMSR and he just leaves it in 3rd.

Welcome Boss Lady,

I have a Vette/Mustang house here too! One RR/Blk Boss on order, a 2010 Velocity Yellow Grand Sport in the garage (5th vette) and my son's Kona Blue 2010 GT in the driveway! The Grand Sport fit a nce niche, since my wife doesn't drive a stick, but I think I have her convinced to learn when the boss arrives.

DigiCowboy said:
Welcome Boss Lady,

I have a Vette/Mustang house here too! One RR/Blk Boss on order, a 2010 Velocity Yellow Grand Sport in the garage (5th vette) and my son's Kona Blue 2010 GT in the driveway! The Grand Sport fit a nce niche, since my wife doesn't drive a stick, but I think I have her convinced to learn when the boss arrives.
Taught my wife to drive the Boss last weekend. Big mistake. Now she wants to start tracking it :eek:

TMO Supporting Vendors