The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Another Oil Separator Option

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Many of you are likely familiar with Bob's oil separators. Bob's now has a separator for both sides and are ready to go. I went this route because of the quality, effectiveness, and ease of draining. I got quite a bit of accumulation from five 20 minute sessions on track. You can find more info at SVTP.

Yes, I believe at this point they are only available at revanracing.com

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Is there a need for both sides? Only the vacuum side of the PCV system will introduce oil vapor into the intake manifold.

What is different about the 5.2L FPC PCV system?

Thanks,
302 Hi Pro

I don't know the specific difference, if any. I do know Ford recommends both sides for track use, and they used these same catch cans on both sides for their track tour cars. I'm not sure which separator the track attack cars have, but they have both sides as well.

I had quite a bit of passenger side accumulation with low shear Amsoil 5/50 after five 20 minute track sessions. Driver's side had neglibile accumulation, but the hoses had some serious fumes emitting from them so there was clearly some decent filtering going on.

TMO Supporting Vendors