The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

another owners kit on ebay from an owner that didnt give it to the next owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLAZN BOSS

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-Ford-Mustang-Boss-302-Owners-Kit-A-Rare-Collectible-/181235790170?pt=Motors_Manuals_Literature&hash=item2a327eb15a&vxp=mtr#ht_668wt_917

302BOB said:
It's a sin these owners kits don't stay with the Boss they were made for. :mad:.Oh for the love of money.....................
+1 got my Boss from a dealership, used. I am the second owner and didnt get the owners kit :-/ dont get why the last guy didnt just leave what was left of it in the car

USNjocson said:
+1 got my Boss from a dealership, used. I am the second owner and didnt get the owners kit :-/ dont get why the last guy didnt just leave what was left of it in the car
How do you know that the last owner didnt leave it with the car and the stealership took it. Just a thought.

boss man said:
How do you know that the last owner didnt leave it with the car and the stealership took it. Just a thought.
The dealership I went to didnt know much about the Boss. After I bought the car I showed them what the Boss truly was and not just a GT with decals. They were a bit shocked that they HAD quite a gem. I'm sure the previous owner sold the car for financial or family reasons and kept the owners kit for memories. Hey, maybe one day he'll decide to sell it on eBay.

As long as those kits aren't numbered with the car, I wouldn't be too tough on these guys that keeps their kits. That Boss isn't worth a dime more WITH the kit when you go to trade and like somebody said maybe the owner wanted to keep it for a collectors item. It's just the spoils of being the original owner.

I am guilty in a similar situation. The factory car cover was a $300 option on my 2012 Shelby. When I ordered a 14 Shelby I purposely didn't order the optional cover since I planned to keep the one I got with the 12. I did this with the salesmans blessing too. The guy who bought the 12, only two days after I traded it in, was happy till he got the window sticker I had saved pointing out that it came with a cover. I guess he was po'd but he should have been happy I saved the sticker for him. ;D

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
blk12svt said:
As long as those kits aren't numbered with the car, I wouldn't be too tough on these guys that keeps their kits. That Boss isn't worth a dime more WITH the kit when you go to trade and like somebody said maybe the owner wanted to keep it for a collectors item. It's just the spoils of being the original owner.

I am guilty in a similar situation. The factory car cover was a $300 option on my 2012 Shelby. When I ordered a 14 Shelby I purposely didn't order the optional cover since I planned to keep the one I got with the 12. I did this with the salesmans blessing too. The guy who bought the 12, only two days after I traded it in, was happy till he got the window sticker I had saved pointing out that it came with a cover. I guess he was po'd but he should have been happy I saved the sticker for him. ;D

The kits are numbered, the key chain has the car number on it.

he states that he doesnt have the key chain. because HE GAVE IT TO THE NEW OWNER....WHY DIDNT HE JUST GIVE HIM THE WHOLE THING

Boostd4

Relapsed Turbo Addict
raptor said:
he states that he doesnt have the key chain. because HE GAVE IT TO THE NEW OWNER....WHY DIDNT HE JUST GIVE HIM THE WHOLE THING

I'm wondering the same thing...if by some stroke of lunacy I sell my Boss, the new owner will get everything I got with it.

Boostd4 said:
I'm wondering the same thing...if by some stroke of lunacy I sell my Boss, the new owner will get everything I got with it.

Me too ::) I gotta call bulls*** on him giving it to the new owner. His feedback tells the true story for his character (IMHO). Anyway....it is what it is.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
The certificate shows the VIN number in the listing. I suppose if he/she is on this site and registered his VIN number here, we could try to locate the person and at least let him know it's out there.

BLAZN BOSS

The owners kit is a VERY big part of the car ........the certificate is the most important. The previous owner is that scum that forms on the bottom of whale poop between it and the ocean floor. Can't get much lower!

I've come to realize that Original Owners are a pretty strange group of people. For example, I have yet to buy a used car that has all it's speakers. This is my first new car, so if I ever sell it I'll have to remember to remove a floor mat or something.

RixterGT said:
I've come to realize that Original Owners are a pretty strange group of people. For example, I have yet to buy a used car that has all it's speakers. This is my first new car, so if I ever sell it I'll have to remember to remove a floor mat or something.

LOL....Forget thr floor mat and go for the holy grail.....keep the owners kit. Just like the dirtbag that traded in what is now my present car. He has the owners kit and original airbox and tuner but never gave it up and now he wont talk with me or the sales rep. " f****** leave me alone" was his response with an abrupt "click" of the phone hanging up. Grumpy old bastard... I don't get it. what good is any of those things to him now....jackoff :mad:

Sorry for the temper tantrum

boss man said:

Check that's why I didn't leave mine with the car. I even had a deal with the dealer to get my axle back off the car. Yeah the guy that runs the shop had it in (HIS) parts storage on the back lot. :mad:

If I could buy a car straight from Ford and bypass the dealer I would. I hate in the worst way. I will ship the owners kit to the new owner at my cost when and if I hear from him.

95blitz said:
Check that's why I didn't leave mine with the car. I even had a deal with the dealer to get my axle back off the car. Yeah the guy that runs the shop had it in (HIS) parts storage on the back lot. :mad:

If I could buy a car straight from Ford and bypass the dealer I would. I hate in the worst way. I will ship the owners kit to the new owner at my cost when and if I hear from him.

I understand that completely, the car goes thru so many hands at the dealership that its almost impossible to get everything w/the car even if it was given up by the original owner. I asked the dealership specifically and they said he didn't give anything other than the 2 keys, floor mats and car cover. I guess im lucky I got all that.

When ford starts offering the Certificates for us, that will be the next best thing to having the owners kit. Maybe someday it will show up somewhere.

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
RixterGT said:
I've come to realize that Original Owners are a pretty strange group of people. For example, I have yet to buy a used car that has all it's speakers.

The Boss radio sounds like it doesn't have all its speakers either-new from the factory.

TMO Supporting Vendors