The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

(Another) Tiger Hood Install

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
I might just run this next event in September without the pins and keep an eye on the latch bar area. If I see anything like fatigue cracking, I'll drill the hood and install the pins.

And Gary--you need to call JBG, he is thinking about selling his BOSS and getting a dedicated track car. He is contemplating a 302S, so maybe you can push him over the edge into getting that :)

ArizonaGT said:
And Gary--you need to call JBG, he is thinking about selling his BOSS and getting a dedicated track car. He is contemplating a 302S, so maybe you can push him over the edge into getting that :)
Or maybe they'll both buy one. :p

5 DOT 0 said:
ArizonaGT said:
Or maybe they'll both buy one. :p
Hah! You beat me to it. I am afraid to call him because we'll both end up with one :-\

I'm starting to really want one of these hoods. Luckily for my wallet I don't have room to store the stock hood, I already have the grill and other take offs in the living room.

Your garage is probably bigger than mine. Stop tempting me, I need to put 3k into my track car to finish racecaring it before I get the hood.

Notice I said before, not instead.

ArizonaGT said:
OK well call him, buy one, and then sell it to me for half price if you don't want it.
Still holding onto the GT500 for the blockbuster trade when they launch the 50th. If FRPP does a track only version of that like the 302S that'll be the ticket ;)

ArizonaGT said:
I might just run this next event in September without the pins and keep an eye on the latch bar area. If I see anything like fatigue cracking, I'll drill the hood and install the pins.

Cool, in for updates as you move forward.

I have been running mine opposite, just the pins without the latch. Several track days at 140 plus with no issues except having to always remember to check the latches before a drive.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Buy it from a local FRPP dealer if you can. The online prices are a little better, but there is a large item truck freight charge associated with this. If you pick it up at a local dealer you can avoid that charge.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
5 DOT 0 said:
Sweet. I know I'm in the minority but I like the look without and black paint or decal on the hood. I'd leave it the way you have it. I might have to get teh WC splitter sooner than I thought.
I am with you on the hood. I like it all one color, clutter free(decals)

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=gyu+kaku,+ontario+ca&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&fb=1&gl=us&hq=gyu+kaku,&hnear=0x80c334dbeadd627b:0x703e35af9583190,Ontario,+CA&cid=0,0,18166175926266464856&t=m&z=16&iwloc=A

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel