The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Another track day, another failure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
I failed to mention that it is the front turn signals that were left unplugged, not the back. So far it appears everything else is working. The brakes/turn signals did work for 4 sessions then they quit during the last session despite the front turn signals being unplugged.

Since I plugged in the front turn signals they are working, they flash normally but the turn signal clicker still makes that weird double click sound instead of the normal click click. Could a turn signal clicker thingie cause this kind of mayhem?

But nothing at the rear that uses the brake light circuit (brakes, turn signals, 4 ways) is working.

Also, the error message that my local garage guy got with his SnapOn diagnostic tool said that the BCM was not communicating. So that's pretty strong evidence I think that the BCM is down.

Do these Module things have an operating system like a computer does or do they run on hard coded logic/switching? I made a good living fixing computers that were fine one minute and had a totally corrupt operating system the next. Is something like that possible with these module gizmos?

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Closing the loop. Took it to Ford dealer today, they told me they found that Fuse #28 was completely missing from the passenger footwell fuse box and that's the one that powers the BCMB. I checked all the fuses for being secure as part of my diagnosis, but never looked for anything that might be completely missing. They looked and couldn't find the fuse, I looked and couldn't find it. Never seen one of those style fuses come dislodged before. But then again I have never had a car that can consistently pull 1.5-1.6Gs either. So who knows? At least it was a cheap fix, about a hundred bux. Only thing I can think of is I powered my trans cooler relay out of that box and maybe I dislodged it? But I ran power off the very bottom fuse on the right side, this one is nowhere near that.

Still scratching my head over this one.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel