The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Another Trackey Thread?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I had a great opportunity to hang out all day at Daytona with the guys from Ford Racing and the Multimatic team testing the new Focus STR. What a great day, I felt like a big money sponsor VIP I was invited to go because of the codes the Boss is getting on track and limp modes. I did not ask for this but was invited by a forum member here from Ford Racing. While I have not been happy with corporate Ford over handing of Trackey these past few months there can never be enough said about the dedication of the many people that work on programs like this, simply amazing.

Truth be told I thought that I was going to get the "Real Trackey Program" when I got the invite. I did just get the "re-learn" flash as I was told. There is not a real Trackey program as compared to what we are getting now. You will not find anyone that was more skeptical then me over this and I believe 100% now that the program that was marketed and in the Miller cars is the same as ours.

I can not explain why I felt a different idle in the Miller cars then I feel in my car now. Maybe as I have said I may have expected too much of the program to begin with and the early "Trackey prototypes" did not help. The idle that is in the Miller cars and ours are different from the early prototypes, Ford has admitted that much but what we are getting is what Ford intended us to get.

After my royal treatment today I would love to tell everyone to run out and get Trackey, sorry I still can not do that. After all $500 is a lot of money and there are warranty issues to think about. While we were told Trackey would not have any effect on warranty, it does even if we are told not to worry about it. I think the $500 could be spend better for people that will not make use of

Launch control

Pit speed limiter

Hundredths of a second differences on the track

and my biggest issue the limp mode on track

For street driving the key will be of little use besides the cool factor of saying you have it. In fact I doubt I will drive much with it off track. To each his own but for most owners Trackey will not blow your mind.

I certainly hope the engineers will continue to work on programs like this, we are the guinea pigs of this new technology. Nothing is perfect the first time out but I have little doubt this has a very bright future. I am confident that the limp mode issue is fixed with the flash that was done to my car today, I will report on what happens at my next few track days.

Bottom line is no conspiracy or bait and switch here. Posting the early idle vids was a mistake but I do not believe any of the people that worked on this program set out to deceive us.

MLM

Mike
Scott, thanks for sharing. Sounds like you had a blast at Daytona with the Ford team. It cost them nothing to invite you out, but it was a great chance for them to build some goodwill with a customer, and that in and of itself is worth its weight in gold. Hope the fix works out.

I see we're back online. Thanks for posting the photos.

5 DOT 0 said:
I see we're back online. Thanks for posting the photos.

thanks for the great photos Scott, and yes I was worried this morning when saw the website was being redirected to a domain name parking service :'(

:)

racered302 said:
Scott, did they let you drive it. :)

I wish, that car was sweet. I would love to get the ST version, if I lived closer to short tracks like Robeling Road I think it would be a blast but it was still holding it's own out on Daytona - that was for sure!

MLM said:
It cost them nothing to invite you out, but it was a great chance for them to build some goodwill with a customer, and that in and of itself is worth its weight in gold.

Yea it did in more ways then one. The biggest way was Mark having to leave the track to find me, then drive to an off-track site and sign me in for the day. I sure he was plenty busy without doing all that.

TMO Supporting Vendors