The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Another video

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NASA TT @ MSR Cresson. Last run on Saturday, won a Hoosier for second place. ;D

Found a little oil on the track on the last lap.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNQjBipVaq0[/youtube]

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
YESSSSSSSSSSSS I was getting bored with the lack of new videos...don't hit the track again until this Sunday :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

The car is making some pretty interesting noises at/near the rev limiter in 3rd, what's that about?

How did you place in class? I'm assuming you are straight into TTU with the "S"?

How does the Boss react to berms? I had a car that liked to climb all over them and another that didn't like it at all. I mean mostly at the apex, not the rumbles on the exits.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
smittytx said:
NASA TT @ MSR Cresson. Last run on Saturday, won a Hoosier for second place. ;D

Found a little oil on the track on the last lap.

Smitty - I assume the gearbox indicator is not accurate in the video. Are the RPM's fairly accurate ?

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Thanks - I saw it having you in 2'nd a number of times and it didn't seem to match what you were doing or what the revs were saying.

Here's another from earlier in the day (second session). I showed up late for my grid and got stuck near the back.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/my_videos_edit?ns=1&video_id=IiEl5Ai39WE[/youtube]

ArizonaGT said:
YESSSSSSSSSSSS I was getting bored with the lack of new videos...don't hit the track again until this Sunday :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

The car is making some pretty interesting noises at/near the rev limiter in 3rd, what's that about?

How did you place in class? I'm assuming you are straight into TTU with the "S"?

I think that is driveshft vibration. I use it as a "hey dumbass, you're coasting" alarm.

I ended up second in TTS both days. But on Sanday the FR500 kicked my butt but got a DSQ.

CaliMR said:
How does the Boss react to berms? I had a car that liked to climb all over them and another that didn't like it at all. I mean mostly at the apex, not the rumbles on the exits.

I really don't hit them much if at all. I could probably get much closer, I'm going to put my GoPro on the side so I can see how close I'm getting.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
smittytx said:
A little consistency.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7iwMDnxRTo[/youtube]

Your left video looked faster at first, then the right side caught up! Also that pesky white 5.0 with the stripes was going from right screen to left screen!

Nice job playing with the vids. Sounds like you study them after your sessions, I do the same and think it has helped. I wonder what was going on in my head at times but it gets me thinking next time out there and I have been able to correct some of the bad habits/mistakes.

Great video SmittyTX. Your BOSS car is a beast! That looks like MSR 1.7 running counter clockwise.
Were you out in December running the 3.1 in the rain and had car problems?

I was there in the white BOSS 302 and helped push the car into the garage.

Yep, that was me on my second day witht he car. :mad:

Thanks for the push. :)

Now that I have my fueling issue fixed, I'm having a blast with the car.

TMO Supporting Vendors