The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Anthem-the nuclear option

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
I put a permanent credit freeze on my Experian, Equifax and Transunion files.

Putting a permanent freeze on businesses being able to access my credit file is the ultimate pain in the butt, but is the absolutely necessary action to take because of the Anthem security breach.

Now is not the time to worry about when Anthem will provide fraud protection or who will pay for it.

The fallout from somebody stealing your identity is terrible. I am thankful it has never happened to me, but I have seen what happens to those who have been a victim.

My advice is pay the $10 to each of the 3 credit bureaus and freeze your credit now if you have ever had anything to do with Anthem.

Just my $.02.

Not a bad idea. You have to wonder if data is safe anywhere. I sure hope my financial institution is secure. ::) I always use credit cards and not ATM cards for transactions. The only time I use my ATM card is for deposits or withdrawals at one of their banks. And I don't like to write checks either. I had my checking account compromised once and that was a PITA. I have a checking account just for paying bills and don't keep any extra money in it.

And then there is the whole cloud issue. Your data has got to be safer at home if properly backed up.

Oh and do you need to do electronic banking from your smart phone? Not me.

Luckily I am old fashion---no cloud, no banking (or any purchases) from my phone and no ATM useage. It's kind of like using a club on your car--it works until someone really wants it--same thing with your identity. :(

Like Cobrakidz I am old school too....no ATMs...pay by paper check..and keep a club on ALL my vehicles. Thieves are lazy..if you have a club on you vehicle they will go to the next one WITHOUT a club unless your vehicle is what they want, then all bets are off. ID theft is a nightmare I hope I never have to deal with.

TMO Supporting Vendors