The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Anthony's Full Build/Mods thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Nice, but your right don't take chances on having another surgery.

Looks to be like an exciting build and good choices on your mod parts.
Good luck with your build,
2HP

Finally got somme work done. Stipped from front seats back. 6 point roll cage put in (for now) and racing seats and harnesses. I have boxes of stuff to install but cannot yet still, which is frustrating beyond belief. I will wait for my arm to heal before i pay way too much money to have osomeone else install when I love working on my own car. Hopefully soon though.

Anyone live in San Diego that can help? I'll buy the beer! :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_0103(1).JPG
    IMG_0103(1).JPG
    495.1 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_0111.JPG
    IMG_0111.JPG
    437.7 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0113.JPG
    IMG_0113.JPG
    457.6 KB · Views: 109
So, I soldered in a 2 ohm resistor to airbag plug as show in picture. Airbag light still on. I am guessing airbags are turned off. Anyone know of how to activate the airbags without moving the rail sensor, harness, and passenger bladder? I sure don't want to do that. And since I am not using my harnesses when I drive around, airbags would be good in case something happens.

Attachments

• IMG_0119[1].JPG
    IMG_0119[1].JPG
    285.3 KB · Views: 73

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
So, I soldered in a 2 ohm resistor to airbag plug as show in picture. Airbag light still on. I am guessing airbags are turned off. Anyone know of how to activate the airbags without moving the rail sensor, harness, and passenger bladder? I sure don't want to do that. And since I am not using my harnesses when I drive around, airbags would be good in case something happens.
Put black tape over the light. ;)

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
sweet

I am so tempted to take the bumper off and put in the Boss fascia and template a splitter, then do the rear 13.8's, then this, then that, and, and, and....oh, arm still messed up and I am still a disable, handicapped bastard. o_O

Oh, well, I have until Willow Springs on May 12th. Anyone going to be there, BTW? Would love to meet some of you great folks.

I am so tempted to take the bumper off and put in the Boss fascia and template a splitter, then do the rear 13.8's, then this, then that, and, and, and....oh, arm still messed up and I am still a disable, handicapped bastard. o_O

Oh, well, I have until Willow Springs on May 12th. Anyone going to be there, BTW? Would love to meet some of you great folks.
I'm pretty local to you, I'm in Murrieta. Are you doing Speed Ventures in May?

Hey guys, out of curiosity. I ordered some front hubs with ARP studs. How do you keep the axle from turning to get the hub nut off? I can understand using an impact gun and that would work to get it off, but to put the torque necessary for the specs, you would have to keep the hub from spinning when you tighten it down, correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stuff done today. Have to finish tomorrow. Made a front bumper tubular bar for around $100. Much better than 300 for the FRPP one. Nuts for hood pins welded in as well.
IMG_0140.JPGIMG_0140.JPGIMG_0149.JPGIMG_0151.JPG

More pics to come tomorrow. My arm seems good enough to put in the racing radiator and maybe even make air baffles to box it in. I'll see what I get done, but I'll snap off quite a few pictures. Any inquiries on any of this stuff, just ask. I have measurements, specs, procedures, all of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_0148.JPG
    IMG_0148.JPG
    417.4 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel